CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

I'm thinking I might come, don't know for sure, but now I have a decent vehicle instead of my beater truck so it's possible. Be great if anyone wanted to ride with me and split gas costs and navigation. I'm lousy with directions. I could end up in Grand Rapids. DH says my brain scrambles any time I go under a power line. I'm in Alcona County in the northeast LP if anyone is interested.
idunno.gif
Last time you went was 2013 I got your canned goods off the swap table...you def should come! More the merrier!

what sort of stuff do folks bring for swap table? Is it all chicken or food related?
Anything! Homemade or store bought. I always bring a jar of Maple Syrup I make. One lady paints egg shells. I've seen rugs, pottery, plants, egg baskets, and even bumper stickers (which I got last year). One item will get you one item. It's a lot of fun.

Don't forget folks that you can sell items at CS as well. I usually bring an easy-up in case of heavy sun, or some rain. People sell chickens, ducks, rabbits, home made items, canned, syrup, honey, plants, etc. Sometimes an 'certain" crowd shows up and wants as many roosters as they can get - a good way to get rid of unwanted roos.

Anything! Homemade or store bought. I always bring a jar of Maple Syrup I make. One lady paints egg shells. I've seen rugs, pottery, plants, egg baskets, and even bumper stickers (which I got last year). One item will get you one item. It's a lot of fun.
celebrate.gif

Don't forget folks that you can sell items at CS as well. I usually bring an easy-up in case of heavy sun, or some rain. People sell chickens, ducks, rabbits, home made items, canned, syrup, honey, plants, etc. Sometimes an 'certain" crowd shows up and wants as many roosters as they can get - a good way to get rid of unwanted roos.

John, that's good to know.

I have a gorgeous, golden, glass bowl and platter I don't need anymore and wish someone would fall in love with them. I also have a wrought iron centerpiece I no longer use. I can't wait to see what will be there!

Does anyone coming to ChickenStock have an extra Standard Golden Laced Polish Rooster they would sell or trade?

Also looking for Silver Laced pair or trio and Buff laced pair or trio...or pure eggs from any of those colors. They can be bearded or not, frizzle or smooth.

Brett and I will be attending again this year. I am not sure what to share for the potluck though.
Me either!! I was thinking some bottle water and some doritos lol. Everytime i go to potluck things people ask me to bring bottled water or doritos...i have no idea why...and no it isnt my cooking they have never had anything i've cooked.

Back
Top Bottom