CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

Ok, I understand no birds...but are eggs out as well? Or will eggs be allowed? I have several people bringing me eggs and need to make other arrangements if no eggs will be allowed. These eggs are not for breeding, BTW, I will be emptying them for artwork. So most are eating eggs, past prime eggs, or clears. None should be hatching eggs. Thanks...I will await a reply!

I will be looking for Marans. I haven't hatched anything yet so I don't know what I'll be bringing. I understand Wynette is the go-to for Marans, yes? My youngest just discovered bantams so I'll be looking for those...which reminds me, I have a young splash Dutch bantam cockerel I'll be bringing, plus I'm looking for a Dutch bantam pullet or hen.

a neighbor gave us 5 chicks ("gift" for daughter who didn't want them), and they turned out to be bantams. not sure what kind ~ think they are called "fancy" ~ and 3 are roosters. they are about 6-8 weeks old and only as big as beanie babies! Please let me know if you are interested.

a neighbor gave us 5 chicks ("gift" for daughter who didn't want them), and they turned out to be bantams. not sure what kind ~ think they are called "fancy" ~ and 3 are roosters. they are about 6-8 weeks old and only as big as beanie babies! Please let me know if you are interested.
I am looking for specific breeds. That one in the back that's light grey, does it have feathered feet?

Last edited:
I am looking for specific breeds. That one in the back that's light grey, does it have feathered feet?

yes. we have three with feather feet (2 roosters) and 2 w/o feathers. can you tell what kind they are? i'm stumped. foster arrangements made by hubby, and i thought we were picking up heavy breed chicks. imagine my surprise!

yes. we have three with feather feet (2 roosters) and 2 w/o feathers. can you tell what kind they are? i'm stumped. foster arrangements made by hubby, and i thought we were picking up heavy breed chicks. imagine my surprise!
I was thinking porcelian d'uccles. For the grey with feathered feet, that is.

Last edited:
Ok, I understand no birds...but are eggs out as well? Or will eggs be allowed? I have several people bringing me eggs and need to make other arrangements if no eggs will be allowed. These eggs are not for breeding, BTW, I will be emptying them for artwork. So most are eating eggs, past prime eggs, or clears. None should be hatching eggs. Thanks...I will await a reply!

I was planning on bringing you some eggs...though I really didn't think about eggs & the potential of them & AI..@Wynette, others, thoughts??

Of course, you & I can always meet after work :/

Back
Top Bottom