CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

a neighbor gave us 5 chicks ("gift" for daughter who didn't want them), and they turned out to be bantams. not sure what kind ~ think they are called "fancy" ~ and 3 are roosters. they are about 6-8 weeks old and only as big as beanie babies! Please let me know if you are interested.
Agreed the feathered feet cream and blue are porcelain D'uccles...the other two are probly old english game bantam if they were bought from tractor supply, if privately bred who knows at this stage.

The entire talk of canceling it and birds is silly. The AI is transported in the wild bird population if it is gonna come to michigan it is going to come regardless of us holding a poultry meet up or not.

Cancel us from the attending please, thanks.

Agreed the feathered feet cream and blue are porcelain D'uccles...the other two are probly old english game bantam if they were bought from tractor supply, if privately bred who knows at this stage.

The entire talk of canceling it and birds is silly. The AI is transported in the wild bird population if it is gonna come to michigan it is going to come regardless of us holding a poultry meet up or not.

thank you for the identification! they were purchased at Tractor Supply, but the batch i saw were labeled Fancy Bantams. i'll be checking back about status of gathering together.

thank you for the identification! they were purchased at Tractor Supply, but the batch i saw were labeled Fancy Bantams. i'll be checking back about status of gathering together.
TSC used townline and privett this year for michigan...mostly townline. The only bantam chicks that come from townline are sold as assorted and TSC labels the bantams all "fancy", choices are:

porcelain d'uccle
mille fleur d'uccle
golden sebright
silver sebright
white silkies
red pyle old english
brown old english
silver duckwing old english

If their from townline only, you definately have two old english...i would guess duckwing since they dont have gold on them or red. If they come from pivett there are alot more options, i however havnt seen any chicks from privett at TSC even though they were suppose to get shipments of them.

This is the possible list from privett....anything on the feather leg side is eliminated obviously. The only thing on the smooth side possible would be old english, nothing else fits.

I have to agree! I think that's the main reason I'm not going to attempt to go, kinda silly this whole situation. It is a chicken stock. If AI is in MI, we would know.

Just my opinion. :)

Ok, I understand no birds...but are eggs out as well? Or will eggs be allowed? I have several people bringing me eggs and need to make other arrangements if no eggs will be allowed. These eggs are not for breeding, BTW, I will be emptying them for artwork. So most are eating eggs, past prime eggs, or clears. None should be hatching eggs. Thanks...I will await a reply!

I am bringing you eggs. I posted back in the MI thread
smile.png
I will keep them in a cooler in my car if anyone is worried. Plus, Brett and I will wear our clean clothes (we do anyway when we visit other venues or farms with chickens). We are not concerned with AI. If it comes from wild birds, there is no prevention. My chickens live a healthy life and we take care of our flock. I let them out to enjoy the world...come what may. If people want to bring birds, it wouldn't bother us at all. Especially those who have prearranged sales and meeting at Chicken Stock for convenience. Whatever the decisions, we want to see everyone and have a good time
ya.gif

I hope people do make the trip and no one said that you can't bring birds or eggs, it was a precaution that some people thought would be helpful. I can think of other diseases that can always be transmitted between birds that no one even thinks twice about when having swaps or meetings.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Eggs are fine.

There's nothing anyone can do to MAKE people not bring birds. It's completely up to you. But it's important for all to know the risks, that's all.

Okay, hot dog buns - I still don't know how many folks are going.......I don't think there was a thread started, was there? I'll go look at RaZ's page, maybe it's there.

ETA: Okay, looks like approx. 50 people - assuming everyone has at least 1, and some adults will have 2, I'm going to say 70 hot dogs/buns would be sufficient.

Last edited:
Although it is a "Chickenstock" some people may just want to hang out with peeps of the same interests, and meet new peeps, and see old peeps. Sadly my friend that travels with will not be going (as of now) but I'll go and snap a few pictures. I'll bring charcoal, fluid, gift for the raffle table, some bunnies, maple syrup, and a dish to pass - the usual.

Although it is a "Chickenstock"  some people may just want to hang out with peeps of the same interests, and meet new peeps, and see old peeps.  Sadly my friend that travels with will not be going (as of now) but I'll go and snap a few pictures.  I'll bring charcoal, fluid, gift for the raffle table, some bunnies, maple syrup, and a dish to pass - the usual.  

That's my plan ...& was the whole reason I attended my first CS in 2013 ;)
I'll still be bringing venison steaks to go along with that charcoal :D

Eggs are fine.

There's nothing anyone can to MAKE people not bring birds.  It's completely up to you.  But it's important for all to know the risks, that's all.

Okay, hot dog buns - I still don't know how many folks are going.......I don't think there was a thread started, was there?  I'll go look at RaZ's page, maybe it's there.

ETA:  Okay, looks like approx. 50 people - assuming everyone has at least 1, and some adults will have 2, I'm going to say 70 hot dogs/buns would be sufficient.

RaZ, take off my passing dish, I'll bring the hot dog buns (80 just to be safe).
Since eggs seem to be okay, I'm looking for true blue chix eggs, not green tinted, if anyone can bring, I will pay you for them; looking for at least 4 doz.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom