CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

I think it will be great for all of us to get together and just visit with one another!!! I've been going for years and really just have gotten to know a few people because everyone is busy buying, selling or just looking at the different breeds and critters. Wouldn't it be nice to sit and talk and get to know each other?? Mingle with the old friends and new ones yet to make.

I like that idea! That way there s no disease or bio stress! We should all make private arrangements for birds, but do bring pics! It will be much easier for me as a photographer to get everyone if I don't have to worry about my/your birds.
My son is coming with me, I think he will be making broccoli slaw. For how many is the question.
smile.png

@RaZ Yup, you've missed me on the update sheet.
Photographer
2 People
Broccoli slaw
swap/raffle table TBD
seeking dutch bantams, millie fleur hens
may have bantam self blue hatching eggs available (not sure yet)

We currently have 2 broodie hens , so we could take orders for some chicks , if anyone would want any, & could deliver to the chickenstock.
if we set any eggs under the hens, it would make the chicks around a week old for the chickenstock date .
choices of Iowa Blues or EEs - we wont do a hatch unless we have a definate interest for them
We also have a surplus of 4 month old cockerels if anyone needs any (EEs, Iowa Blue, & 75%Chantecler / 25% Iowa mix)

We currently have 2 broodie hens , so we could take orders for some chicks , if anyone would want any, & could deliver to the chickenstock.
if we set any eggs under the hens, it would make the chicks around a week old for the chickenstock date .
choices of Iowa Blues or EEs - we wont do a hatch unless we have a definate interest for them
We also have a surplus of 4 month old cockerels if anyone needs any (EEs, Iowa Blue, & 75%Chantecler / 25% Iowa mix)
PM sent

The entire talk of canceling it and birds is silly. The AI is transported in the wild bird population if it is gonna come to michigan it is going to come regardless of us holding a poultry meet up or not.

I personally don't find the advice of a nationally renowned poultry researcher to be "silly," but to each his own.

The idea is to NOT spread the virus...we can't know whether our flocks have been exposed or not - and by folks coming from so many areas meeting in one place...the possibility of spreading it is increased.

It's your choice whether or not you decide to bring poultry. No one is saying you can't.

I will have a few white Chantecler chicks (six weeks old today), Not sure of sexes yet, but hopefully by then might have some idea. Also Speckled Sussex, same age. And two black chicks, BC Marans x Ameracauna, Five weeks old today, and maybe males. I won't bring any that aren't spoken for ahead of time, or can meet somewhere else instead. I'm taking the biosecurity issues very seriously. Mary

Who was the researcher who suggested canceling cs?

Or am I some how not reading that right?

Edited: I read back and found the post.
http://cvm.msu.edu/directory/fulton

I met him once. When I attended the NPIP certification at MSU.

Great sense of humor, son of a milk man. Go figure.

He might be A little modest about being described as nationally renowned. He comes across very humble.

Last edited:
Who was the researcher who suggested canceling cs?

Or am I some how not reading that right?

Edited: I read back and found the post.
http://cvm.msu.edu/directory/fulton

I met him once. When I attended the NPIP certification at MSU.

Great sense of humor, son of a milk man. Go figure.

He might be A little modest about being described as nationally renowned. He comes across very humble.
He ran a seminar at Chickenstock last year. Nice guy and a very learned man who devotes his time to avian science.

hoping to attend this year's CS (attended last year and brought Amish rag rug for raffle table). also hoping to pick up some pullets that have started laying this early summer. if anyone has any pullets they'd like to sell, please PM me. in light of the flu issues nationwide and the concern about exposure at a large gathering, i am more than willing to visit your farm to pick them up (MichCS farms, since they are in my area).

i'm interested in large-breed pullets (buff orpington, lavender orpington, coronation sussex, silver laced wyandottes, brahmas). looking forward to hearing back from you! and seeing you next month!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom