CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

Can they really ban a private event? CS is a private event, right? 
Don't know. It seams a lot of folks aren't bringing chickens anyways. Those of us who have arranged to buy or sell birds at CS...well, I really can only speak for myself, will be wondering how to go about exchanges.

I plan to come to the party, and not bring birds. I'll post what birds that I'd like to sell, and arrange to deliver them or meet separately. Mary I will bring eggs for glambka!

Last edited:
I plan to come to the party, and not bring birds.  I'll post what birds that I'd like to sell, and arrange to deliver them or meet separately.  Mary  I will bring eggs for glambka!

Thank you, Mary!
It's a bummer that Mr Big is prohibiting meets with birds. I'm on the fence on that one. I don't know whether to go with "Better safe than sorry" or "throw caution to the winds".

For anyone who is still coming we'll have a great time. Although, my donation pysanky with "chickenstock 2015" might end up in the trash...or could end up a collectors item!! Hmmm.

anyone who was bringing me eggs that may no longer come, please PM me so we can make other arrangements if possible.

I see no reason people can't bring eggs for Gail. I will if I have a few turkey eggs. Remember Chickenstock is a social gathering as well, and, you can still bring any other farm critter (within reason) you want, honey, maple, homemade items, swap items, etc..oh, and a dish to pass!

MDARD does not have the power or authority to prevent this or any other event.

I agree with RaZ. Dr. Averill says that all these events that MDARD has not even planned are "cancelled". He can't cancel events, carte blanche. He didn't even say that gathering to sell poultry is prohibited, or say what the penalty is, or say who would be penalized, or say who would be policing this decree. I say, it is up to you whether you feel comfortable with the current situation. The event is surely not cancelled by this lame release. Whether people bring their birds or not is up to them, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with RaZ. Dr. Averill says that all these events that MDARD has not even planned are "cancelled". He can't cancel events, carte blanche. He didn't even say that gathering to sell poultry is prohibited, or say what the penalty is, or say who would be penalized, or say who would be policing this decree. I say, it is up to you whether you feel comfortable with the current situation. The event is surely not cancelled by this lame release. Whether people bring their birds or not is up to them, as far as I'm concerned.
that.

Back
Top Bottom