CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

Yep, my birds are out free ranging (though, I'm still paranoid about the darn hawks after Curley's misfortune 3 weeks ago..)...

I'm looking forward to hanging with everyone in NINE days!!

Just hopped on here to see what was up with the Chickenstock this year... Very sad that things are turning out this way (I feel especially bad for 4-Hers in their last year), but biosecurity is important for the birds we all love. I'll miss seeing you, Wynette!
I'll miss seeing you too, friend!
hugs.gif

PK, I had a response all ready before chores and deleted it. I feel like you do. I wanted to mention that Rose paid for the pavilion and did most of the legwork to make it happen. Anyone can still attend an event and bring anything they want other than chickens (if that's the consensus). The raffle, trades, sales, socializing, eating...it's still a good time rain or shine. Arrangements can be made for pick-up of birds at later dates/other sites. In all the years I attended I never brought, or left, with a bird...hmmm. I did leave with a rabbit, Gail's CS pansky egg, and a bunch of odds and ends! Oh and lots of plants.

I'm still bring charcoal and fluid. Since Wynette is not coming neither is the cook or hot dogs. Anyone have any grill ideas?
Rose is picking up the hot dogs from me. I'll also be giving her a monetary donation to help with the pavilion fee. :) And, will give her duck eggs for Gayle.

It's not that simple to "try it in the fall" As John said, the Pavillion is paid for. Too late for a refund. Pavillion is booked for the season. Why can't everyone just settle down and just look at it as a picnic? Still talk about chickens and still have great food! This will actually give us time to visit and get to know each other, which was difficult when everyone was running around looking and buying chickens! Makes me sad that the chickens are more important than meeting the people behind the chickens!!
I hope y'all understand where I'm coming from personally on this - I would LOVE to see y'all, I seriously can't think of anything more fun than an entire afternoon devoted to chicken chat! But, I've just got too much time & money invested in my birds, and personally do not want to take any chances. If y'all do, that's of course your own choice, and I wouldn't blame anyone a bit for wanting to bring chickens or pick them up. This will be the first time I've ever missed one, so it royally rots that I won't be catching up with everyone. OH - I'll also try to remember to bring my raffle item to Rose, too. THANKS so much, Rose, for offering to bring my stuff!

Well, I'm sure there will still be enough food, raffle items, and chatter, to make up for the smaller than usual group. I'm really curious to see how many non-posters show up. I know there are usually quite a few. I'm still working on my good friend and her Mounds Bars!

I want to come! And I'm trying to get my dad to meet me from A2. I'm a first time chicken owner and just moved back to MI, so I wouldn't mind a chance to learn something, especially since I have a silkie who just hatched a few eggs for me! I don't know what you still need for food, though. I'm not a great cook (my husband is, but he's still trying to sell our house in NY), so I'll have to figure out something simple (like is anyone bringing pop?).

Sorry...no raffle tickets here, but we could always make something up if the crowd isn't huge...which it looks like it won't be.

If anyone is coming from or near Zeeland and can pick up some eggs from jackieandChicks, please let us know...they need to hitch a ride to CS.

Also, lastly ...if anyone has any kind of eggs...I'm still buying. Please PM me if the cost is more than$3 a doz...otherwise, I'm good. Looking forward to next week, hopefully weather is better than today!!

I still have Flemish Giant rabbits for sale. 10 weeks old. Not sure I'll bring any without interest due to possible small crowd.

Back
Top Bottom