Cuckoo Marans

Hey everyone! I just got 4 baby CMs and I'm not 100% sure how old they are, so I wanted to post some pics and ask your opinions....I think they're about a week old, but I'm not positive. Also, just wanted to show them off!

This is Olive, she's the bossy one, and my secret favorite ;)

The one in profile is Tilly, she's the biggest....

And here's a pic of the whole gang!

P.S. This thread is fun!! Excited for a chance to brag and show off my chicky babies!!!

Cute chickies.
My guess is more like 4-5 days.

I picked up these ISA Browns and Easter eggers (labeled "Araucana/Ameraucana") today.

Last edited:
This bird is a Barred Plymouth Rock, no Marans have yellow legs
I agree with the yellow legs. When I have had Cuckoo Marans and Barred Rocks together starting as chicks, I always use the legs to tell the difference. However, the barring on this one doesn't seem very defined for its age at the time of post, so it could be some cross with a Barred Rock giving it a more Cuckoo pattern than Barred Pattern. But I definitely agree it's not a Cuckoo. I see this original post was from May of last year so I am sure it has laid eggs by now. If they aren't a darker brown, then that's the definite giveaway.

I thought I was given a Dominique, 2 BR and 1 CM from 3 different pick ups (rescued). I think I have many reasons to celebrate my enlightenment by this thread of knowledge! I am not a breeder but would like the good & bad on these four. All of them have white legs and different combs. 2 are much darker. This is so confusing, posting morning gathering of eggs too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom