Cuckoo marans

He had a splint on his right leg. It was either broken, or somehow trying to twist outward and hang back. I left the band on his ankles to keep the right leg from sliding back. Three days ago, his left foot was starting to curl. One toe was curled under his foot, another curved back. My vet thinks he may have a bone disorder. Otherwise very healthy and friendly. He was vaccinated, and eats medicated feed. He's quiet and sweet, and very patient to let me fiddle with his legs. The shoe he's wearing aligns his toes to grow in proper placement. We are doing what we can to help him. He is my daughter's pet.

that good he does eat and take his medication . is only matter of time and he will be fine.

usually they get better, with a little help . you are giving him a lot.

hope all go well .

chooks man

Hi Sandyduckcrazy .
you have a trio of a English cuckoo marans. they look good to me from the distance.
the cockerel is double barred DF .

The English strain lay dark egg .but they have a tall feet and featherless .

I have them my self and the French type too . I like the French type one.

you have to wait and see what color eggs they will lay. maybe you will struck lucky. Good luck

chooks man
Great info TY. My husband and I had no idea about English Cuckoo Marans. So much or all the time and effort to pick out Hebrew/French names for our hens.

Could you please explain what double barred DF means?

I really want a broody chicken over egg color. I was told that the Cuckoo Maran was one of the chickens to buy! Do you find this to be factual?

Great info TY. My husband and I had no idea about English Cuckoo Marans. So much or all the time and effort to pick out Hebrew/French names for our hens.

Could you please explain what double barred DF means?

I really want a broody chicken over egg color. I was told that the Cuckoo Maran was one of the chickens to buy! Do you find this to be factual?

DF stand for double barred . mean 2 barring genes B/B.
SF stand for a single barred . mean 1 barring gene B/b+

The barring gene is sex linked gene , mean the rooster should have 2 genes BB double barred giving him a lighter look Silver/gray.
the hen have only one barring gene Bb+ the second is not expressed ( we mark t as b+ not B) giving her a darker look .

when you mate a pure cuckoo rooster BB to a cuckoo hen Bb+ = you will get all the cockerel double barred BB ( they get one B from dad and the other B from mam) and all the pullet single barred Bb+ ( they only get one B from dad not from mam )

hope that help

chooks man

ChooksMan thanks for info on Blue Barred Marans. But Silver Cuckoo I believe is on sunlight and near girls' pink playhouse nesting house so reflections alter. Try another pic here I think she is pretty light for a hen. Yes I do think she is pretty too. Have 5 Roos to re home !!! You know how it is. What do you do with your less welcome Roos? The "BB cM Not is also aggressive. I have a scar to prove it.

LL

I see she s pure and pretty . nice long back and wide shoulder. great tail.

what I do with a less desirable roosters. Coq au vin .

at 6 week/8 weeks cockerel after the first selection they go to the pet shop and swapped for a bag of chooks feed.

at 5 to 6 month old 2 end selection . they go to the restaurent as 2kg carcass average. well fat.

chooks man

Chooks Man know a feed store near LA that takes Roos? Andalusian cross , 2 buff Orp, 1 Lav Orp. 4 months. Thanks again for info on my cuckoo girl. Know what you mean about those long ears. Wondered about them.

Does anybody have cuckoo marans?:cd
we have 2 hens. They were mixed with barred rock but look exactly like the hen in picture before egg picture.
They are sweet they look different from the other barred rock but eggs are not dark brown.
I have a Rhode island hen laying and one of these.
I get 2 brown eggs and a white. I thought brown eggs were from red hen. I am not confused about breeds.

ChooksMan. Thanks for gender i.d. SCM. Where is red on them? Here is Blue Boy my BBCM.
and the Blue Barred girl, a couple weeks younger. I am in the city and they are both pretty noisy may not be able to keep them. Southern California.
. Chooksman was right. These are Cuckoo Blue Bars. Big OOPs on my part! The hen was my first layer of my March/April hatched girls. Beautiful blue egg. She talks a lot but is a good girl. Blue Boy went to another home. Thanks Chooks Man!

Back
Top Bottom