Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

I'm really hoping The Host is going to be good. I loved the book and read it every few months. The Hunger Games did a pretty good job of sticking to the book with their short amount of time. So was Twilight (horrible acting though). I'm really hoping they stick to it, but that car fight seen was not in the books, so who knows.

My gym has an "aerobics theater" where I do most of my exercise. This means I see about an hour of a movie, starting at some random time and ending when my work out ends. Now, for me, a good movie is one that I'm willing to pay to see all of...

wish someone who has seen the new OZ movie would comment on it

Horrible. I'm so thankful I saw it for free at work. Oz might be the worst film I have seen so far this year.

Saw Gatekeepers - wonderful doc about the Israeli secret service and security agency.

Kings of Summer - fabulous Sundance comedy about teens who run away from home and build a house in the woods. America at its best.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Lore - Very visceral film about children from a Nazi family working together with a liberated Jew to travel though post WWII Germany. I wish I liked this better than I did. It was neat to see a film from this perspective. I don't think I'll see it again. [/FONT]

Last edited:
UrbanChickens - really wanted to see Gatekeeper - never came out anywhere near us.

I wondered about Oz, I was scared to death(as a kid) of the Wizard of Oz ., so not really planning on seeing this one.

If you're up for something quite different, I watched It's a Distaster (R??) recently and found it entertaining. It may require having a demented sense of humor however. I want to see Life of Pi while its still in theaters.

Finally, I should get to see a decent(I hope) movie Sunday or Monday. It's the" Host" with the girl from "The Lovely Bones" and the trailer looked good. I am movie starved, haven't been to one for about 3 weeks or more.

Back
Top Bottom