Cutest, Handsomest, and Prettiest Caged Bird

Banjo

Grunty

Lola

Spanky

Those are just some of my favorites. :)
Banjos two years old Lolas a year The others are under a year old. :)

Last edited:

Charlie the blue front amazon loving the spray bottle bath :) Charlie is aprox 12yrs old.

Last edited:
All your birds are amazing! Lovely colours. Here are some pics of some of my pets:

Hi just commenting on your birds which are lovely. It is strange though, the two doves-top left & bottom are native to my area (Qld, Australia) so they are everywhere! Love going into my coop to get seed. You can literally sit & watch dozens of them in the garden. The only time you see them in cages here is if they are being nursed or hand raised prior to release. Such a small world but such a big one, animal wise.

Last edited:
Wow, that's interesting. I live in Thailand - so I guess we share some bird species!

The Zebra doves are common pets here, and some cost a lot of money as they are specially bred for cooing competitions, with big prize money . My one cost a lot and came from a well know dove farm in the south of the country. He is a class B singer. I have several more, but they are not good quality singers.

The spotted dove was one I rescued with a broken wing. I found it on the road - think it was hit by a car. Its wing is fused and so he can do fly, but he likes walking around the garden and he is very tame. He sleeps in a bamboo cage hanging in a tree. He is friends with the white ring neck dove.

I used to have a mynah bird, but I let him free, as he used to 'kiss' his wild girlfriend through the cage bars and I felt so sorry for him as he wanted to be with her! He rewarded me by making his nest in my garden and would still come and eat mealworms from my hand. It was funny watching him, taking English to his mate, she must have thought he was crazy! He would say, 'hello, what you doing, here are, yum yum', and other stuff. The raised 2 chicks from the nest, but after that they all moved away with the wild flocks. Hope he comes back next season.

I also keep goundian finches (which again are native to your country). I can not get a good photo of them as they go crazy when they see the camera and fly about too much. I will keep trying.

Kahuna loves his bathes :)

Aww! What a little cutie. He looks so silly!
big_smile.png

Wow, that's interesting. I live in Thailand - so I guess we share some bird species!

The Zebra doves are common pets here, and some cost a lot of money as they are specially bred for cooing competitions, with big prize money . My one cost a lot and came from a well know dove farm in the south of the country. He is a class B singer. I have several more, but they are not good quality singers.

The spotted dove was one I rescued with a broken wing. I found it on the road - think it was hit by a car. Its wing is fused and so he can do fly, but he likes walking around the garden and he is very tame. He sleeps in a bamboo cage hanging in a tree. He is friends with the white ring neck dove.

I used to have a mynah bird, but I let him free, as he used to 'kiss' his wild girlfriend through the cage bars and I felt so sorry for him as he wanted to be with her! He rewarded me by making his nest in my garden and would still come and eat mealworms from my hand. It was funny watching him, taking English to his mate, she must have thought he was crazy! He would say, 'hello, what you doing, here are, yum yum', and other stuff. The raised 2 chicks from the nest, but after that they all moved away with the wild flocks. Hope he comes back next season.

I also keep goundian finches (which again are native to your country). I can not get a good photo of them as they go crazy when they see the camera and fly about too much. I will keep trying.
hi, I LOVE the myna story. That is great what a success.

Back
Top Bottom