Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

So here is an updated picture as you can see she is coming in quite yellow. Ignore the mess on her beak she was just having some lunch

We've had butterscotch for many years. Here is a pic of a few of them from about 20 years ago. Sorry the picture quality isn't that good but that was back when we had a cheap camera and film that had to go to developer.
sad.png
The pics do not do the birds justice. Digital cameras are so much better for taking pics of animals. One instantly know if the pics are any good But this summer we did purchase a flock from one of the top breeders of butterscotch. All our birds were purchased as juvies-adults, as most show breeders do not sell eggs nor hatchlings. Good quality call ducks can be challenging and expensive to hatch, even under ideal circumstances. Add in shipping/handling, x-rays, temperature variations, and etc, sometimes I'm amazed that hatching eggs ever hatch. Thank you for appreciating our beloved birds. They are great hobby for kids and relaxing from our stressful careers. PINOAK RIDGE Call ducks in: Apricot Silver, Aztec Blue, Black, Blue, Blue Fawn, Buff, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Grey, Khaki, Pastel, Snowy, Silver & White. Black East Indies, Miniature Silver Appleyards, Mallards and Silver Mallards. Silkies: Black, Blue, Buff, Grey, Partridge & White Bantam Cochins & Frizzles: Black, Blue, Silver, Mottled-Black & Blue, Millie Fluer (Calico) and White.
I have a very small backyard flock of calls as pets. Someone had commented on a pic I had on FB and referred to this little girl as a butterscotch. Does she look like she could have some butterscotch?
My domesticated diaper wearing house duck, Winter, became a momma Wednesday and I'm so in love with our seven babies! :love
Oh my goodness!!! These are the cutest pictures...EVER! If my house call ever makes me a grandma I would be besides myself! Congrats!
My 5 new babies @RubyNala97
Wow!! They are soooo adorable!! You did a great job! How was the hatching process?

I have a very small backyard flock of calls as pets. Someone had commented on a pic I had on FB and referred to this little girl as a butterscotch. Does she look like she could have some butterscotch?

Oh my goodness!!! These are the cutest pictures...EVER! If my house call ever makes me a grandma I would be besides myself! Congrats!
Wow!! They are soooo adorable!! You did a great job! How was the hatching process?
she's a cutie!
it was ok, i was home luckily, none of them zipped on their own but i dont know if i interceded too soon
idunno.gif
, but i got 5 out of 6, 1 dis -pretty awesome for a first timer and shipped eggs

Last edited:
she's a cutie!
it was ok, i was home luckily, none of them zipped on their own but i dont know if i interceded too soon :idunno , but i got 5 out of 6, 1 dis -pretty awesome for a first timer and shipped eggs

That is great! As long as they all came out healthy with the yolk absorbed (mostly absorbed, I've learned) and no major bleeding then it wasn't to soon! How old are they today?

my husband (the bird hater) has even claimed one as his own! he and my daughter go in and play with them while i make dinner 

I wish I would have handled mine more when they were babies. They were right in the living room with us but it was spring and that's a busy time of year around here! Not that it matters much since they are soooo imprinted on us. They always walk through the house if I leave the door open otherwise they wait and call for me at the backdoor. It's amazing how much they imprint! You'll see!! :)

I wish I would have handled mine more when they were babies. They were right in the living room with us but it was spring and that's a busy time of year around here! Not that it matters much since they are soooo imprinted on us. They always walk through the house if I leave the door open otherwise they wait and call for me at the backdoor. It's amazing how much they imprint! You'll see!!
smile.png
i really hope so!!!!
fl.gif
my last call ducks were broody raised and so they followed my chickens around and avoided me as much as possible
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom