Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
Anyone else's ducks try to mate with toys? My duck has decided that her abacus toy is very sexy. She runs over to it and flattens herself out, and since it doesn't respond, she actually picks it up and throws it on her back. Seriously, she does this multiple times a day. Ooh la la, Bunny!
lol.png

Sitting on my hands pasing like a crazy woman. 4 of my call duck eggs have started to internally pip and I can hear the babies. I so hope they hatch and everyone is OK. I'm nervous as heck.

I just had my very 1st call duck baby hatc, and #2 is close behind.. This is my 1st time hatching eggsthis is really neat and the coolest part is my 17 yr old daughter watched it hatch.

My first two Grey Call babies of the season

and the Grey breeding pair Mud Puddle (hen) and Pip

and with a lil luck there will be more where that came from lol

After 28 long days I have had my first batch of eggs hatch. I am the proud mommy of 10 little call duck babies. My daughter got to watch the first 2 hatch which was really neat. This was my first time hatching eggs and what a neat experience.
woot.gif

Just got my first calls this morning, now a couple of quick questions.. would you put marbles in the waterer?(it's a small chick one) also any other tips? i've never raised anybody this small lol

Back
Top Bottom