Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Has anyone had any success in training their call ducks? I'm about to sign my three boys off on target training. Within a couple weeks they learned to target on their own targets (they each have a different color) and not each others. When all three targets are presented they will always pick their own color. They will target across the yard and this morning I got them to all target onto a scale and got good weights on them. I'm just curious if anyone else has had any success or what you guys believe they can do!

Certainly different, not really other than herding i don't train mine but then again they are a portion of the birds and animals here, i simply don't have the time to dedicate to that but i can see them being capable of quite a bit they are quite clever little quackers.

I don't really know what went wrong, but none of the babies are alive anymore. What I thought was movement yesterday was actually just me hitting the desk. Embarrassing, I know. I wasn't hearing any peeping, so I candled them and there isn't any life inside. They looked like they stopped growing almost immediately after starting lockdown. Anyway, I've ordered some more eggs to try again, so fingers crossed for the new ones.

I don't really know what went wrong, but none of the babies are alive anymore. What I thought was movement yesterday was actually just me hitting the desk. Embarrassing, I know. I wasn't hearing any peeping, so I candled them and there isn't any life inside. They looked like they stopped growing almost immediately after starting lockdown. Anyway, I've ordered some more eggs to try again, so fingers crossed for the new ones.
Aww so sorry heartbreaking. Hope the next batch grow and hatch for you.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom