Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

Just a word of caution. Always take your egg basket out with you to gather eggs. Just because the temp dropped from 80 degrees to 12 degrees and you want to get in and out fast don't think you can successfully stuff 10 freshly laid duck eggs into your coat pockets then squat down to pick something up. Fortunately the coat is washable. Saddly 6 out of 10 eggs are a scrambled mess in my coat pockets.
barnie.gif
lau.gif
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Funny but sad, know how you feel
wink.png

Two more this morning! Also, one of the two is laying jumbo eggs. The eggs on the right side of the carton are all 10-15% larger than the ones on the left.

Where do you get cartons that are big enough for duck eggs? The ones I'm using are meant for chicken eggs and they're too small. I can't close the lids.

That's just a chicken egg carton that I got from Sprouts. It used to house jumbo free range chicken eggs. My girls are mallards, so their eggs may be on the small side for duck eggs.

That's just a chicken egg carton that I got from Sprouts. It used to house jumbo free range chicken eggs. My girls are mallards, so their eggs may be on the small side for duck eggs.

Ah, I see. My pekin lays huge eggs, and I like to give them away sometimes, but usually have to either tape the lids shut or wrap each egg in a paper towel and then put them in a ziplock bag. I wonder if anyone makes cartons for bigger eggs.

Back
Top Bottom