Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

Got my very first duck egg ever today! It was from my new cayuga who has been here less than a week and she wasn't laying this year at her old home. So I will take that as a sign that she is happy here. You go girl!

Got my very first duck egg ever today! It was from my new cayuga who has been here less than a week and she wasn't laying this year at her old home. So I will take that as a sign that she is happy here. You go girl!
How exciting and pretty Congrats!! I'd say she is feeling very much at home.
smile.png

We had our scrambled this morning and ate it side by side to a chicken egg. I wanted to compare the taste since I've never had a duck egg before. Delicious! Can't wait for more. I think omlets are going to be next.

We had our scrambled this morning and ate it side by side to a chicken egg. I wanted to compare the taste since I've never had a duck egg before. Delicious! Can't wait for more. I think omlets are going to be next.

They make fantastic omelettes! They're stiffer and hold together better than chicken eggs, so folding the omelette works better. Plus, delicious!

We got two more this morning. I went out to feed and water the ducks and gather eggs, and the only duck I could see was Peek! Glad I checked before I reached into the duck house to get the eggs. Poke was still in there laying. She's definitely our late layer, and the producer of the larger eggs. She finally came out at about 8:30. Eggs fresh from the duck's butt! Still toasty warm.

Back
Top Bottom