Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

Still too many carbs in spelt, unfortunately. But I should check it out in a batch of pumpkin bread for everyone else and we'll see what they think!
I have not used them yet myself but have been reading about coconut and almond flour (make sure it is the flour and not the meal). Both really low in carbs. I would think that with the effect of the duck egg maybe with an extra white they could be pretty good. Of course not if you or anyone has nut allergies.

you can always have a slice
wink.png

IT'S ALWAYS SO TEMPTING. But yeah, I usually have at least a bite.

I have not used them yet myself but have been reading about coconut and almond flour (make sure it is the flour and not the meal). Both really low in carbs. I would think that with the effect of the duck egg maybe with an extra white they could be pretty good. Of course not if you or anyone has nut allergies.

I have been meaning to try the almond flour! It's expensive, but it would be worth it if it tastes good.

If you do try to find a recipe that is already calling for almond flour. I have not been able to find a conversion table for regular flour to almond flour yet.

I tried replacing almond and coconut flour for regular flour and it didn't come out right. I think coconut flour brownies with coconut oil and duck eggs would be a good place to start. You can send some my way and I'll let you know how they come out.

We got another egg today. That makes 5 in a row. I'm trying to save a few to scramble up for everyone to try.

Last edited:
I got 1 duck egg today and 3 chicken eggs. it's a slow start this year I think it's a combination of the extreme cold weather and my girls are getting older
hmm.png

Good advice, everyone!

We had omelettes again this morning (Denver omelettes, yum), and the girls each laid an egg for me this morning. Temps are about to drop here for a change (just started snowing), so I hope they don't decide to stop laying.

Good advice, everyone!

We had omelettes again this morning (Denver omelettes, yum), and the girls each laid an egg for me this morning. Temps are about to drop here for a change (just started snowing), so I hope they don't decide to stop laying.
It's finally warm here today - I'm hoping my girls just took a few days off for the bitter cold weather. I miss my duck eggs!

Back
Top Bottom