Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

It's finally warm here today - I'm hoping my girls just took a few days off for the bitter cold weather. I miss my duck eggs!
We actually had 55* not much melt down but it is short lived back into teems and twenty's starting tomorrow. It was a nice lil taste of spring though just wish the ice had melted so I can stand up.

I have a question... My female duck is broody and should I worry about her turning her eggs? Or will instinct kick in and she will do it automatically?

I have a question... My female duck is broody and should I worry about her turning her eggs? Or will instinct kick in and she will do it automatically?
The hardest thing you will have to do for the next 28 days is leave her alone and let her do her thing!
pop.gif

Oh ok!! Is it okay for the eggs to left alone when she eats and gets water because I live in Wisconsin and it gets quite chilly!! The two females are working together to keep the eggs warm!!!

And can you show me pictures for what to look for In a developing egg? It would really help me out!!

Back
Top Bottom