Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

Two of my Muscovy girls started laying 3 days ago for the first time since I had them. So far I'm on six eggs. Hoping the others join in and increase the tally.

Still getting an egg a day from Rocky but I'm getting really impatient with my other girls. They will be 20 weeks on Monday and are smaller breeds so I should be getting some eggs any day now.

For two weeks we got 5-6 eggs a day (6 girls). For the last 4 days we have gotten 4...wandered around their typical part of the yard today...nothing...wondering how many could be at the bottom of the pond. Will they eventually float if there are any down there?

Two eggs today, but yesterday I lost the first six to crows.
sad.png

I'm still regularly getting two a day from the two big girls. The little ones are still slacking and haven't given me any at all.
wink.png

Two eggs today, but yesterday I lost the first six to crows.
sad.png
They are going into your duck house for the eggs? I've never had crows that bold thank goodness

I got 4 eggs yesterday but another just went broody so my number will be down since I now have 3 broody ducks sitting on fake eggs and 1 broody goose sitting on fake eggs. AND one Bantam hen sitting on three real ones
smile.png
I have found it's just better to let them sit it out than try to break them with Muscovy's it's impossible to do.

They are going into your duck house for the eggs? I've never had crows that bold thank goodness

I got 4 eggs yesterday but another just went broody so my number will be down since I now have 3 broody ducks sitting on fake eggs and 1 broody goose sitting on fake eggs. AND one Bantam hen sitting on three real ones
smile.png
I have found it's just better to let them sit it out than try to break them with Muscovy's it's impossible to do.
Unfortunately I left the main coop opened whiled the enclosure was locked. So I guess the had it easy.

I would like to know if the first one or two eggs laid are fertile; and how many eggs would they usually lay before they begin to sit on them? Thank you

Unfortunately I left the main coop opened whiled the enclosure was locked. So I guess the had it easy.

I would like to know if the first one or two eggs laid are fertile; and how many eggs would they usually lay before they begin to sit on them? Thank you
Breed again, sorry I forget. Crack one open and look for the bulls eye. My Muscovy's will go broody on as few as 2 eggs them girl's don't need any encouragement .So if they are fertile leave them.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/16008/how-to-tell-a-fertile-vs-infertile-egg-pictures/50

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom