d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Here's my little girl, Piper. She's never been shown but I'm really hoping I can show her and my d'Uccles this summer.
She's a cutie!

Got another D'Anver egg, covered in blood, from tiny 6 yr old Carly. Guess she had not laid in so darn long, it was not an easy stretch! She's only about 17 oz in weight and lays super tiny eggs, but still pretty wide for her teensy frame, I guess. I can't believe it. No eggs in a year or more from these girls and now, two of the oldest hens are laying.

Sissy is three years old and she only laid eggs her first year. Aimee, Mina and Carly have laid more, though sporadically. Penny, well, she's just here to be a pocket pet. She stands on your shoe and pulls at your pants leg until you pick her up. And she's quiet, so you forget you're holding her, which I do believe is her evil plan. I've gone back to the house with her in tow. So did my best friend when she was here, even made it halfway into the house, then realized Penny was still with her. Sure love that hen. About to turn six years old and only got two years of eggs from her.

Last edited:
Carly and Aimee both gave me eggs today and I weighed them. Consider that a peewee egg, the size under small, weighs 1.25 oz.

NOTE: Carly herself only weighs 17 oz! This is her normal egg size. And chicks do hatch from it!

And to compare, one of the Large Fowl Barred Rock pullets' eggs.

Last edited:
Carly and Aimee both gave me eggs today and I weighed them. Consider that a peewee egg, the size under small, weighs 1.25 oz.

NOTE: Carly herself only weighs 17 oz! This is her normal egg size. And chicks do hatch from it!

And to compare, one of the Large Fowl Barred Rock pullets' eggs.
lol, cute! i think that is about serama sized, i think serama eggs are around 22-25 grams

Here is one of my quail pens.

Back
Top Bottom