Daphne

It would be better to get her another duck than a chicken. I do not know if splayed leg hurts or not. If she grew up like that she is probably used to it - at least, that is what I would think, not sure.
Yes duck for sure. someone she can relate too.
Splayed legs might could set up hip problems eventually because of the way they walk. you may end up having to give her some kind of anti inflammatory as she gets older. There is also Metacam for pain and inflammation and Glucosamine for inflammation

Here is a writeup about leg problems - much of it applies to waterfowl.

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Several people lately have posted photos and videos of mobile slings they have made for their ducks with leg problems. Some are permanent, some are simply to take weight off the legs for a short while daily.

I have seen these posts over on FB under the Disabled Ducks page.

Thank you. so, instead of trying to make her walk around I should just let her be..WE had thought that she needed exercise but maybe I've been dragging the dialled person out of their wheelchair to stagger around..
ep.gif

Thank you, Amiga for that link! I guess she was being picked on by siblings because of her legs. When I removed her from a neighbours yard on May 31, this is how she looked!

Back
Top Bottom