Daphne

Ok, yes we have been doing that. thank you. I need a bigger pool for her but she does like bobbing around. I think. lol
I'd not force her to walk just let her do her own thing. As for floating and swimming around it is such good exercise and takes pressure off her legs may help build up muscles to help her walk better. have you been looking for her a buddy or 2?

Thanks Lydia, Will have to wait until September probably for a buddy. We are in the United Arab Emirates and it is very very hot. We bring the duck inside in the heat of the day when it exceeds 120 F. With two ducks that just would be too messy. I intend to get her a friend and build a proper outside area for them with water but at the moment we are muddling through.
Also, I will try and ask around for a duck as they are not common here, I cannot face going to the pet market because I have 8 rescue animals and could do without feeling compelled to rescue an Ostrich and a puma or something crazy!

She's fine but REALLY lonely. Very well fed and I've finally sourced proper duck food that I just bought back from England. Wings better, great plumage but splayed legs.

Hi again all you lovely duck people!
Tomorrow a friend arrives for lonely Daphne! I found an Organic poultry farmer (pretty amazing for Abu Dhabi) who is giving me one!
Anyway, I have no idea how this is going to go.. Any advice on introducing them please?
TIA

Keep them separated by chicken wire. Let them see each other and get to know one another safely. I'm working and can't type more..... Here's some people to give more advice!
@Debs Flock, @miss lydia, ,@casportpony,@jtn42248

Back
Top Bottom