Dark Egg Breeds Thread

Don't suppose anyone needs 3 Black copper marans cockerels? They are Wynettes line, and maybe on is a greenfire farms. They look amazing so far!

7 1/2 weeks old

Beauty EGGS geebsie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png

The little guy, Clyde, in my avatar has lots of feathers on his shanks too, and only on the outside toe. Personally, I like this amount. Like Randy said, they grow into them or lose some as they age, so I like the heavier look when they are young. Clyde's brother, Roy, has as much, if not a bit more.

My pullets are laying pretty steadily now for being 6 1/2 months old, and the eggies are getting darker! The ones on the bottom left with the "bulls eyes" and speckles, hopefully will darken like the spot?? Oh, I can only wish! She was the last one of the three to start laying, so I hope. These eggs in the pic are pretty dead on in color accuracy. Indoors, with natural, indirect light from the window, no flash.
big_smile.png

56168_chicks_and_eggs_12-28-10_010.jpg

Nice eggies Debbi...That is a proper amount of feathering in your avatar...As long as it is only the outside toes on the bird... I love your avatar.... Good picture.

Thanks Jan, I love the feathering. Yes, I checked both of those boys out very well to make sure it was only on the outside toes. I was trying to get a profile shot of Clyde that day, and he kept turning back to that pose! "Did you just touch ME?? Are you talking to ME??"
lol.png
Couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom