Dark Egg Breeds Thread

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!! Rang in 2011 with a new Blue Copper chickie!

wee.gif

Getting a Sportsman Incubator today.......can't wait to get it in the door and plugged in!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
Great egg.....congratulations. All my BCM hatched in July & August & I don't have an egg yet & their parents are not laying right now either. I can't wait.
I was wondering where you got your Black Jersey Giants. I have a 4Her that is interested & I just got a new incubator delivered. I was interested in trying to hatch some egg. I ran into a young lady at Tractor Supply that got hers from Poland. I didn't even know you could do that. That was a long time ago though & she doesn't have them anymore but said they were huge & great stock. I haven't found any locally at all.
Thanks
Karen in California

Quote:
Congratulations on your Blue....Pink.

I got my new Brinsea delivered the day before yesterday. Can't wait to get eggs to get started.

Thank you and Congratulations to you! I understand they are nice machines and regain temp and hum. very quickly. I also hear from Brinsea owners that they have great hatch rates with them!!!!

Can't wait for you to fire it up too! Hatching babies can be so
barnie.gif
but it's sooooooooooo much fun!
smile.png

Quote:
Which one did you get? I love mine. Hatch rates are sooo much better. I used styro Hovabators before this.

Haha....I didn't ask for the model # but it is the one that holds almost 300 eggs. I'm getting it from a dear friend here on BYC and knowing him it is probably the 1502. I trust him explicity and know he won't do me wrong. He's bringing it up today. Thanks for the words of encouragement with it.....I'm super excited! And best of all....the money is helping a friend in his time of need.
smile.png

for sure I will be updating and jabbering on about it when it gets here.
big_smile.png

Mama hatching my BCMs, 4/5 who are out today! (Hoping for the pipped one tomorrow..)
65263_babies_no2_bcm.jpg

Here is the color comparison: shells of BCM hatched, smallish first Wellsummer egg, and a Brahma egg to compare to...
I should have put in my RIR egg, as hers is about as dark as the Wellie's!

65263_1st_wellie_egg.jpg

Quote:
Great egg.....congratulations. All my BCM hatched in July & August & I don't have an egg yet & their parents are not laying right now either. I can't wait.
I was wondering where you got your Black Jersey Giants. I have a 4Her that is interested & I just got a new incubator delivered. I was interested in trying to hatch some egg. I ran into a young lady at Tractor Supply that got hers from Poland. I didn't even know you could do that. That was a long time ago though & she doesn't have them anymore but said they were huge & great stock. I haven't found any locally at all.
Thanks
Karen in California

Hi
I got mine from Echoinghills she is located in NE Ohio. Very nice lady and excellent hatch rate!!

Back
Top Bottom