Dark Red Rooster with White Tail Feathers?

We have a Big Daddy too, and he sounds a lot like how yours might turn out....

91792_102_7922.jpg

Quote:
OMG he is beautiful... We have a Big Rick, LOL Which I noticed when I picked him up today is getting beautiful Green feathers mixing in with the white and black tail feathers...

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Do you know if red sex-link males differ from in shade or color from the red sex link females?

Pictures of variations here: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Sex-links/BRKSexLink.html
The
pictures that people have been sharing on this thread are of their red sex link roosters in an uncommon coloration for the males. Which it sounds like you have. Usually red sex link males are all white with red on the wings/back area. The whole point of sex links is the male and female are different colors so they can be sexed from hatch.

Last edited:
Fred's Hens :

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Do you know if red sex-link males differ from in shade or color from the red sex link females?

That is the whole point of "sex" "link". You link the color of the feathers at hatch to the sex. Sex Link. See bold text above. Best regards.​

Thank you! I get it now!

Ok so I downloaded a picture of our red rooster with white tail, but I can't figure out how to add a picture on this site.

Okay, so while I am anxious to share a picture of our pretty and unusual rooster, I won't be able to yet because I am a new member. Will post when I am able!

Hi I'm in New Zealand and I seem to have pretty much the same rooster you've describing...in researching what he was so that I could advertise his offspring for sale on a website I came up with quite a bit of information.
One is that the Rhode Island Red originally came with White Plumage
not black rather than the other way around, it is just that it is uncommon to find them with the white plumage now.
Two is the Chantecler. This was mainly as it actually makes sense to me as his offspring look like White Leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, White Plymouth Rocks and Wyandottes and the odd one of the Patrich variety. Rusty has red eyes not brown.
Chantelain first combined Dark Cornishes, White Leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, White Plymouth Rocks and White Wyandottes, creating the White variant of the Chantecler. It was admitted into the American Poultry Association's Standard of Perfection in 1921.[2] By 1918, the breed was presented to the public. To this day, the Chantecler is one of only two breeds of poultry from Canada, and the only one known to have been created primarily by a member of a monastic order.[3]
At the outset, it was only intended for the breed to be white in color; white birds are preferred for commercial meat production in the West, as they produce a particularly clean-looking carcass. In the 1930s, the Partridge Chantecler was generated by crossing Partridge Wyandottes, Partridge Cochins, Dark Cornishes, and the rose comb type of Brown Leghorns to produce a chicken more adapted to free range conditions. This variant was admitted to the Standard in 1935.
Would someone tell me if a red star sex link is a brown/red shaver? I purchased three brown shavers...they have brown eyes rather than red.
This is not rust but it's what rusty looks like...I found him by searching rooster with white tail feathers:)

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom