Daughter broke up with boyfriend and I'm the one depressed!

So I am sitting here crying my eyes out over my daughters break up. This boy and his family loved her as we loved him. Every family function he was there, he loves her so much and she just literally broke his heart. She told him she needed a break because she lost "the spark" and will let him know in a few weeks. I know it's because she is a senior and he is away at school (but comes in regularly to see her). I know what's wrong with me but I really thought this was going to be a high school sweetheart marriage! I shouldn't be this upset over an 18 year olds break up but we have gotten so close to him. I will not let my daughter see my emotions and he and I texted frequently about things while they were dating, would it be acceptable to text him just to let him know we miss him and is always welcomed here? They were not only boyfriend/girlfriend but best friends and plan in staying that way but you know how that goes...

Wow I always wished I could have had that contact with my daughters x but three years later I realize that no contact is the best thing for everyone for many reasons he needs to let go and move on and so do you him staying in contact with you will not be a good thing it will remind him of her he will ask about her he will eventually find out she moved on with someone else and it will put you in an awkward position and your daughter won't be pleased either as hard as it is you need to try to let go
1f61e.png

Well I did reach out and to my surprise he was going to text us to thank us for all we have done for him. He said they promised to remain best friends no matter what her choice. That's how they began this all and were best fiends before they even dated for a long time we talked and things are good and he'll be in to visit in 2 weeks apparently they made friend plans for when he comes in. It wasn't the boyfriend/girlfriend thing it was the friendship and the relationship that everyone formed with him and his family. I think I'm good now thank you connie

That is great! I wish things would have been like that for my daughter and her ex. That is very mature of them to be able to still be friends.

They are both really great! Being the mom of 2 girls I know how b------ they can be! I told her how proud I was about how she has handled this vs her first breakup which she totally broke the guys heart and refused to give him any answers. I guess I'm a sucker for the poor guys because I only have the girls ( thankfully they make good choices on who they date)

Back
Top Bottom