Daughter broke up with boyfriend and I'm the one depressed!

I'm 57 years old but I did learn one thing it's not in our power to do anything best we can do is pick up the pieces dust their dress or pants off pathem on the butt and send them back in I have seen parents try to intervene it's not pretty! Just pray to God you raised them with a lick of sense to know what's good for them! And know how to run away from what's bad!!

Last edited:
Totally get it. I understand how your feeling. My situation is a bit different but the same in other ways. I was setting here thinking something was wrong with me feeling sad but I guess I am a normal mom. My teen daughter just got dumped by her teen boyfriend. I know their just kids and teens but we really liked this kid. We have become friends with his family over the last several months. We all went out to dinners and to each others houses. Now I am thinking "Okay does this mean our family's are not friends anymore?" Then sadly I got some more news.....My daughter opened up that this boy (that we liked) wanted to have sex with her and she said NO. Then he dumps her. What a jerk! But then again he is a typical teen of today. Then we found out his boys real mom (not the step mom we are friends with) provides condoms for her children. I feel really proud of my daughter for saying NO but disappointed in her boyfriend. I haven't seen his family since they broke up because it has only been a couple days. I am not even sure what to say when I see them or if I should say anything. I know our children are just high schoolers and they will go through many break ups. Its a growing and learning experience. But I have to say I feel so sad for my daughter but she and me did learn a lot from this. I guess I will wait and see if his parents approach us about the subject and feel it out from there.

Aww thats so sad maybe his friends were pressuring hin who knows, but yes im proud of your daughter also! Good for her! She deserves a boy who can respect her, and I know you still miss him but think of the famous quote when someone shows you who they are believe them ! I wish my situation was similar so I could just hate him and get over it! In my case it will be four years they broke up end of July and still yesterday I cried most of the day for him but I'm doing better I just miss him so much It was the first nice day out and I was just wondering where he was how he was doing what he was doing, as for your daughters ex-boyfriend's parents they probably have no idea what the real reason was for the break up I doubt very much he told them that he wanted sex

You know it all comes out in the wash later my daughters boyfriend from years ago is coming over tomorrow to visit and help me do a couple things around the house I can't do anymore. When they were together they made a great couple and we took him in as one of ours. But even after the breakup years later he still thinks enough to come visit me. That actually warms my old heart!

That is so sweet
1f60a.png

I checked my daughters exes instagram hes private but last i saw it said 53 posts and i saw 54 so i asked a friend to go check what the new pic is and she sent me a pic with a girl!! He has a new girlfriend! The caption said im all yours
2764.png
oh my god it kilked me i prayed for him to find someone and be loved and be happy hes so deserving but it really affected me im having a hard time processing this new reality
1f61e.png

Back
Top Bottom