Day 17 of incubation, temp of incubator low and humidity too high?

I am also expecting eggs to hatch! Someone here recently told me not to stress too much; there's not much you can do now except wait. Hope you have a successful hatch!!! :fl If not, you learned something and can try again with more experience.
My thoughts exactly! I tried to hold this as an experiment and not get too attached, just to do my best. And I made mistakes. Still now that it’s the end I really really hope some of these little ones hatch healthy. I’ve wanted to hatch chicks since I was about 11 years old😉now I’m 50 something 😂. Good luck with your hatch!

You are all so funny and helpful definitely takes some of the stress out of this.

So, yesterday at around 5 pm I saw first external pip and immediately took humidity to 60 percent, without opening the bator.
Today I see a little
More pippin on that one but not much else from the other eggs . Still just a waitin’.🐣🐣🐣. There are 28 in there that were all alive on day 18. Time will tell . Happy Mother’s Day all!

You are all so funny and helpful definitely takes some of the stress out of this.

So, yesterday at around 5 pm I saw first external pip and immediately took humidity to 60 percent, without opening the bator.
Today I see a little
More pippin on that one but not much else from the other eggs . Still just a waitin’.🐣🐣🐣. There are 28 in there that were all alive on day 18. Time will tell . Happy Mother’s Day all!
:fl:fl:fl

I forgot to say too, the one that pipped is going it in the center, like the side of the egg no where near the air cell. Hmm I’m thinking maybe they just do that sometimes.

Is it zipping? Can you take a picture through an incubator window?
Yes I believe it is zipping downwards, see the crack getting longer south of the pip hole. Can’t for the life of me imagine how it must be laying in there and doing this work. This is amazing! I sure hope the chick makes it all the way out. I hear some chirping in the incubator now too.
(yes I wrote on the egg with a pen) don’t judge 😂some sites I saw said it’s fine and others said no but I’d already done it by then. Another lesson learned from these little chickies .
D9435B86-9390-4F1B-B50B-4D57DB9DA329.png

Yes I believe it is zipping downwards, see the crack getting longer south of the pip hole. Can’t for the life of me imagine how it must be laying in there and doing this work. This is amazing! I sure hope the chick makes it all the way out. I hear some chirping in the incubator now too.
(yes I wrote on the egg with a pen) don’t judge 😂some sites I saw said it’s fine and others said no but I’d already done it by then. Another lesson learned from these little chickies .
View attachment 2132757
Is that your egg that’s been pipped since yesterday? That’s not a lot of progress... Can you tell if the chick is still working it’s way around the egg? These are chicken eggs, right? Are there external pips on other eggs? Do you have a philosophy or plan for intervention, like when or if you would help?

Is that your egg that’s been pipped since yesterday? That’s not a lot of progress... Can you tell if the chick is still working it’s way around the egg? These are chicken eggs, right? Are there external pips on other eggs? Do you have a philosophy or plan for intervention, like when or if you would help?
Yes that’s the one that pipped around 5 pm yesterday. These are chicken eggs. I was thinking not to intervene. Another has just pipped. Trying not to become overly involved and make something worse. I thought I read it could take up to 36 hours to pip and zip so I wasn’t worried. I do see the first one trying to crack around the egg, but to see more I’d have to open the incubator and wasn’t going to do that.
what would you do?

Yes that’s the one that pipped around 5 pm yesterday. These are chicken eggs. I was thinking not to intervene. Another has just pipped. Trying not to become overly involved and make something worse. I thought I read it could take up to 36 hours to pip and zip so I wasn’t worried. I do see the first one trying to crack around the egg, but to see more I’d have to open the incubator and wasn’t going to do that.
what would you do?
In my time zone, it’s been 24 hours since your chick pipped, so I’d consider helping it out, while being as careful as possible to keep humidity up with your remaining chicks. 24 hr is fine for ducklings but a long time for a chick. This is a great guide:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

Back
Top Bottom