Day 18 and air cells are small

Yes I agree with you, I very rarely candle and that's why I missed my air cell development until late on :/ should I tilt them slighty towards the air cell end or leave them flat? Also what's the highest I should be letting my temp go until it's dangerous

They're still active and will add more pictures over the next few hours, I've not added water and will do as you say, I'm going to keep hopes up and will keep you all updated, I'm not in during the day if orthnatly but I know my temp students accurate, I have one that stays in all the time and one I double check with and will show pics later
Thank you
thumbsup.gif

Yes I agree with you, I very rarely candle and that's why I missed my air cell development until late on
hmm.png
should I tilt them slighty towards the air cell end or leave them flat? Also what's the highest I should be letting my temp go until it's dangerous
I candle 3-4 eggs every night. And I recommend that candling is done at LEAST days 7/14/18 especially to check the air cells. As long as your hands are washed and you are handling the eggs gently and not keeping them out for extended periods there is NO reason to be afraid to candle your eggs. Leave them flat and if your are using a fan forced it should be 99.5 average. (Still air is 101-102.)

I candle 3-4 eggs every night. And I recommend that candling is done at LEAST days 7/14/18 especially to check the air cells. As long as your hands are washed and you are handling the eggs gently and not keeping them out for extended periods there is NO reason to be afraid to candle your eggs. Leave them flat and if your are using a fan forced it should be 99.5 average. (Still air is 101-102.)
This is what I like about raising your own chickens, chicks and incubating. They are yours---you can do them anyway you want. I have read many sad post on here were the chicks did not make it, many where 1 hatched out of 40, many, many sad post---read some good post too----this goes to Show we all Don't do "it" the same way---even with close the same instructions, Sure equipment makes a difference---I to feel location can make a difference whether you can or can not do what others can do in their location.

I Feel for the ones of you that keep trying and it does not work----you got to change something you are doing to make a change in your outcome. I never look at air cells, I do not even have a thermostat in some of my incubators or a way to check the humidity. I only candle on day 18 now unless I am trying to find a few more spots to stick a few eggs. Most of my lock-down hatches are around 95%+, alot are 100%----why? I feel for me its because I kept doing things that help improve my hatches. 1st for me was leaving the incubator closed throughout the lock-down, second was just leaving the eggs alone----I probably handled them to ruff?? Knowing this works for me is the reason I suggest others to try what works for me? Always Hope Everyone has a great hatch!

Today is day 20 and I usually get up around 6am but this morning I sprang up out of bed @430 cause I had a dream that I had a chick beating on the Bator saying its time to get me out of here. I went and looked of course saw nothing happening but my humidity had dropped to 55% so I added water now its at 72%

Yeah that's why I sopped candling mine simply because I noticed the times I had candled most I wasn't so successful, and the less I handled the higher hatch rate, I'm still learning a lot and don't like trusting what I already know, I don't have a humidity metre thing to read my humidity levels I usually guess and it's always worked, but turns out I've not been the only one topping up the water so think that's why my air cells are small. All I can do Is hope they still hatch as this is a mistake I will learn from, I'm going to invest in a very good humidity thing haha

Help I have2 hatched 1 dry and one not but the Bantu is getting bullied by the full size ?? Do I take the bully out and put it on the brooder I still have 2 that I think are assisted hatch 2 more pipping

They will be fine they do peck each other especially when they just hatch. It's all quite normal behaivour. Opening the incubator could risk shrink wrapping. The hatched chicks encourage the others.
Congrats :celebrate Good luck with your others :fl

Back
Top Bottom