Day 27 egg discoloration

You see all that yellow stuff?
He wasn't ready to hatch...died way before he was ready to hatch.
Did you misunderstand what I said ?
He died running out of air
He did internal pip but never made external
They still absorb for 24-48 more hours after external pip. He should have yolk left before he makes his external pip
A safety hole may have helped in this case

Once you know for sure baby is fully internal where you see the beak
You ca. either wait 12-18 hours or make the safety hole before that
Safety hole for me is as big as my tac
Very tiny abc I go just above where I see the beak when candling
Then I leave the egg alone
Often 95% of the time they still make their own pip and zip out
My safety hole is just giving them more time to do it so they don’t die trying
I’m not trying to assist the hatch
If after 48 hours you have seen no external pip you can candle above the air cell into the egg
By then baby has moved down and your able to see in to check for veins
If it looks clean no veins then you can zip a cap and pull it back slightly so it loosens the hinge and bsby can push out on its own
If you see veins still wait another 6 hours to check again
I no longer open my eggs up while assisting
This way I do not need to keep membrane moist
I can leave the egg alone to do it’s thing
Baby gets the air it needs through the tiny pin hole just like their little external pip they keep till they zip
They don’t need big air holes
The baby with the dark I have seen it a few times and have had one that died and others that hatched
Make sure there is no movement before giving up on it
I can usually candle above the air cell towards the pointy end and see if baby has passed
Hope this helps
So I made a tiny safety hole with a dentist’s pick, just above the discolored spot on the egg. I could see that chick had internally pipped and the aircell has the deep dipped shape. The other eggs all seem like they are a few hours-a day behind so I am going to wait on them until I am sure they have internally pipped. How do you distinguish between pushing on the membrane and internal pip? Some seem hard to tell to me.

So I made a tiny safety hole with a dentist’s pick, just above the discolored spot on the egg. I could see that chick had internally pipped and the aircell has the deep dipped shape. The other eggs all seem like they are a few hours-a day behind so I am going to wait on them until I am sure they have internally pipped. How do you distinguish between pushing on the membrane and internal pip? Some seem hard to tell to me.
Some push really good Making it look like they are through but not fully in yet
I wait till I see a beak moving around
It’s to explain on messaging but there is s difference
Usually I wait 24 hours to make the hole but some go 12-18
You can make it anytime once they are in though
Just remember time wise if you see an internal abc 2 hours later yuy make the safety hole You need to wait 46 hours before checking fir veins if baby has done nothing yet
If you wait 24 hours after seeing internal then after 24 hours you can check for veins if nothing yet
But I find most babies hatch closer to 60 hours total from internal to zip
As long as they have air they are okay
Here is a video that shows the beak in the air cell really good

Update:
Of the five remaining eggs, two have internal pips and safety holes. I am not seeing any movement in the other three and fear they dead but will leave them in just in case. Today is day 28, but my temps must have been a bit low. Trying to be patient and praying for my remaining two. 🙏
If your not seeing any pips from the other 3 do you see any bruising on the egg outside the air cell ?
My fingers are crossed for you and the babies

If your not seeing any pips from the other 3 do you see any bruising on the egg outside the air cell ?
One has yellow staining just above the membrane in the air sac. I think it might be drying and pulling back. Two look like the others did two days ago but without any movement, like they were late quitters. Also, the egg with the slight bruising that I made the safety hole in yesterday, he has his bill obviously in the air sac. The other, is clearly moving and in it as well but it looks more like his tail than his bill? I still made a safety hole but thought it odd unless he has turned?

One has yellow staining just above the membrane in the air sac. I think it might be drying and pulling back. Two look like the others did two days ago but without any movement, like they were late quitters. Also, the egg with the slight bruising that I made the safety hole in yesterday, he has his bill obviously in the air sac. The other, is clearly moving and in it as well but it looks more like his tail than his bill? I still made a safety hole but thought it odd unless he has turned?
Yellow staining is common inside the air cell
They often hit a vein chewing into the air cell and with the lighting it looks yellow
If baby was at the wrong end and there was a bruise it would be a round one
With darker colouring
My guess is it’s the beak not the tail

Back
Top Bottom