Day 27 egg discoloration

He started peeping until I took him out and snuggled him under my neck. Having only one might be dangerous! When I finally put him back I showed him the mirror and he went right for it and found a spot between it and the stuffed animal. :fl
Thank you for all your help and encouragement btw!
View attachment 3541781
What type of duckling is it? It has the two different kinds of feet color just like my little half Call Duck Black Swedish duck has that just hatched out last month.

We have a duckling♥️
IMG_2108.jpeg

What type of duckling is it? It has the two different kinds of feet color just like my little half Call Duck Black Swedish duck has that just hatched out last month.
Dutch Hookbill. Their bills hook as they grow. I believe the color is called Dusky. So they look sort of like a Khaki Campbell without the sex-linked brown. I guess that would be a like a dark Campbell but I have never seen one of those in person either. Anyway, one more picture, sorry! It is just so sweet and doing well.
IMG_2124.jpg

Congratulations on the baby
He / she is adorable 🥰
For the one that passed you said the butt was in the air cell and it was slanted still did baby even make it into the air cell if not the bigger safety hole wouldn’t have helped as it still wouldn’t get air
I wonder if it bruised the wrong end and with the dirty eggs you couldn’t see the bruising
I’m patiently waiting for daylight to go check my duck and see if she has babies yet
5 of 6 eggs had external pipe yesterday morning and she never came off in the afternoon so I could check
She wasn’t letting me close to even listen for peeps
Fingers crossed for her

Just 2 is all she had, I didn't plan on hatching this year but these girls at almost 12yrs old [july] wanting to brood so she got 2 Runner eggs. Dolly is 11yrs old and she only has 1 egg. My Runners being 7 don't lay the larger egg they did when younger so didn't have much to choose from size wise. They were also late getting back to laying didn't start until late April. So now we have 2 new littles under Joy and Dollys will hatch next week. Still darkish under her shelf where she hatched them so not the best pictures.
IMG_2109.jpeg

Just 2 is all she had, I didn't plan on hatching this year but these girls at almost 12yrs old [july] wanting to brood so she got 2 Runner eggs. Dolly is 11yrs old and she only has 1 egg. My Runners being 7 don't lay the larger egg they did when younger so didn't have much to choose from size wise. They were also late getting back to laying didn't start until late April. So now we have 2 new littles under Joy and Dollys will hatch next week. Still darkish under her shelf where she hatched them so not the best pictures. View attachment 3542421
So absolutely Beautiful!!!! I simply love those babies!!! I am so happy that both hatched out just fine. I am sure Momma Duck is soooo proud and so are you. I'm hoping for a drake and a hen for you in this hatch my Dear.

Back
Top Bottom