Day old chick cannot walk, falls on side

This chick has not had any vitamin supplements at all. The only one that did were the other two checks that previously were having problems. Should I give Poly-Vi-Sol instead of electrolyte water? And if I do how much do I give?

I tried uploading a video but some how cannot. If anyone wants to private message me I can text it directly to you.

This chick has not had any vitamin supplements at all. The only one that did were the other two checks that previously were having problems. Should I give Poly-Vi-Sol instead of electrolyte water? And if I do how much do I give?

My mistake, I was thinking the wrong thing. I use the sav-a-chick stuff and can't even remember what all is in it. I know the electrolyte pack has extra vitamins in it. Tractor supply usually carries it, if you have one of those nearby.

Anyone with experience willing to let me text u a video? Text me my cell is 330-414-6906. Please help!!

Trying to think of more chicken hatchers that might have insight... My brain isn't working tonite.

@FridayYet
@RavynFallen
@rossfam06
@lazy gardener
@AmyLynn2374
@WalnutHill
@gachooks
@ronott1

Thanks! Is that something that they should have at feed store?
They should carry it at the feed store. If they don't have Poultry ND, you can use the formulation for sheep or goats.

Thank you for that.

I just found my little black chick dead. I am so sad.

My little yellow chick was freaking out in the cup and I was afraid he was going to get stepped in the brooder by the other chicks. I moved him back into the Bator. I hope I made the right decision.

It's ironic that this was my highest hatch rate to date and the one I've had the most problems with after the hatch. Asking for help from St. Francis.
Sorry you're having a hard time. Some chicks, unfortunately fail to thrive, and no matter what you do, they don't make it.
Could this be crazy chick disease? Anyone ever deal with it? Any success?
Not likely. I've dealt with it. Poultry ND brought the chick back from being hypothermic and comatose to me not being able to tell him from his flock mates a week later. However, he had lingering systemic issues, and was culled with congestive heart failure around 20 weeks.

If you use Poly-Vi-Sol, be sure it DOES NOT have iron in it. I'd suggest a drop.

Back
Top Bottom