A few minutes ago. Their 3rd day. I think tonight they're spending it outdoors in their new temp coop. I'll show a picture when he's got it set up.

They'll have a cozy coop panel heater in their hutch he built but this weekend, lows are 30F, high 48F. I will be in Cancun from Thursday to Thursday, so I'm wondering if I should have him bring these in for the weekend. We do have an empty brooder we don't need right now. They are only 4 weeks old so I think we're pushing it a little bit. What do you think?

IMG_0840.jpeg

A few minutes ago. Their 3rd day. I think tonight they're spending it outdoors in their new temp coop. I'll show a picture when he's got it set up.

They'll have a cozy coop panel heater in their hutch he built but this weekend, lows are 30F, high 48F. I will be in Cancun from Thursday to Thursday, so I'm wondering if I should have him bring these in for the weekend. We do have an empty brooder we don't need right now. They are only 4 weeks old so I think we're pushing it a little bit. What do you think?

View attachment 3802203

If it sets your mind at ease, I say bring them in.

If it sets your mind at ease, I say bring them in.
You're right. I am worrying already about this. When he gets home we'll talk about it but he will agree as he feels more sorry for them than I do. I unplug heaters all the time to find out he plugged them back in. 😳

View attachment 3802203
I’d leave them outside with plenty of draft protection and a place to huddle, but I’m notoriously not a softie. :p
If you have a heater, they’ll definitely be fine.

Not a silkie!

But, we gained these last night. The lady then asked me if I had a rooster she could have. 😳

Needless to say, she left with a silkie rooster and hen, and we wound up adopting two parakeets. :D Meet Sugar Syrup and Lemonaid.

View attachment 3802194
Congratulations! Have you had parrots before?

I have had Sophie, a B&G macaw for over 20 years. Julio is one of the same we rescued about 10 years ago. Yup, an old pro except these are so little in comparison!
Fantastic! Then I will definitely skip the lecture on “So you’ve been unexpectedly gifted a budgie…” :lau

Fantastic! Then I will definitely skip the lecture on “So you’ve been unexpectedly gifted a budgie…” :lau
Now Stella is watching over them, just like she watches over the chicks in the brooder.

No, she's not thinking about her next meal. :gig

She's been good with the chicks, but I realize, this is like sticking an ice cream cone in front of a two-year-old and telling them not to touch it. The grow-out pen chicks (1 month - 4 month) and her get along but that's about the youngest I trust her with.

IMG_0849.jpeg Stella guarding.jpg

Back
Top Bottom