Well I am teaching my silkies all sorts of new words lately - I have my friend silkie Roo over keeping my silkie ladies company. He is a little terror - Teddy the Terror. He attacks me every chance he gets, bits hard, when he gets hold of my slack he is like a little terrier dog pulling on the leg hem and won’t let go!

My girls have been hating him, until the past few days. My Polish Roo is very gentle and quiet, he doesn’t attack me - he isn’t friendly but he stays away from me. He is respectful of the ladies - if they say no he walks away - he has never forced a hen at all.

Teddy is a brat, grabs the hens and jumps on them, half the time he falls off 🤭🤭🤭 the girls give him the stink eye….

But he is a cute little devil.

View attachment 3799581View attachment 3799582View attachment 3799583

Don’t ask me what colour he is, all I know is he is named Teddy 😁
I think he is gray partridge with maybe a smidgen of red devil.

Thank you. I added the three now so a total of 13.

The other unhatched were dead. One certainly was ready and should have hatched but somehow got a wing over its face and smothered itself is my guess. That one was sad to see. The others, well, it just wasn't meant to be.

But at least these 13 are perfectly healthy and quite spunky already. 😊
I am glad you have so many that are spunky 💕 it’s hard not to want them all to survive but sometimes it just isn’t meant to be.

Meanwhile I can’t wait to see these ones growing up 😊💕

Such a nice day here today! 64F! A bit breezy but still got the seven 4-week olds outside for the first time! They were scared at first for a whole 20 seconds but caught on fast and have been having a blast ever since!

1 NN, tan or beige, perhaps a buff
1 NN paint
2 mottled - 1 frizzle
3 satin cuckoos

To you NN lovers, I will keep the NN's if they turn out to be pullets. :highfive: I have one more of those in the aviary with 9 other now 16-week-old chicks. Signs are coming but nothing definitive yet.

IMG_0829.jpeg

Such a nice day here today! 64F! A bit breezy but still got the seven 4-week olds outside for the first time! They were scared at first for a whole 20 seconds but caught on fast and have been having a blast ever since!

1 NN paint
2 mottled - 1 frizzle
3 satin cuckoos

To you NN lovers, I will keep the NN's if they turn out to be pullets. :highfive: I have one more of those in the aviary with 9 other now 16-week-old chicks. Signs are coming but nothing definitive yet.

View attachment 3800529

How nice they were able to get outside in the sunshine!

1 NN paint
2 mottled - 1 frizzle
3 satin cuckoos

View attachment 3800529
The naked necks look so much smaller, Debbie. Is it because they don't have as much fluff?
At what point, or how many generations of breeding, before a naked neck is referred to as a showgirl?
Anyway they are an adorable little flock!

:eek: I love your frizzles!
I could put a handle on them and they can be a feather duster hahaha 😊

Today the lady at the feed store and I were sharing chicken photos, she has the most darling frizzle silkie Roo whom she says is a sweetheart.

I showed her Betty and she said she looked like a flower - a peonie! She does doesn’t she?!
227459DA-FF40-4119-A3A3-16A5FF076795.jpeg

I could put a handle on them and they can be a feather duster hahaha 😊

Today the lady at the feed store and I were sharing chicken photos, she has the most darling frizzle silkie Roo whom she says is a sweetheart.

I showed her Betty and she said she looked like a flower - a peonie! She does doesn’t she?!
View attachment 3800753
Yes she does :love just pop her in a flower pot 😁

A feather duster :lau

Back
Top Bottom