Pics
It appears one with the air cell at both ends is alive as it's pulsating in there. It pushed most of the small end out so almost looks normal now. I can't see anything in the small end but a real small air sac.

The others, I'm afraid are dead as I saw no movement at all. I put them back in there though.

I left three chicks in there to dry but rescued these out of there. They were sure happy!
IMG_0819.jpeg

Well I am teaching my silkies all sorts of new words lately - I have my friend silkie Roo over keeping my silkie ladies company. He is a little terror - Teddy the Terror. He attacks me every chance he gets, bits hard, when he gets hold of my slack he is like a little terrier dog pulling on the leg hem and won’t let go!

My girls have been hating him, until the past few days. My Polish Roo is very gentle and quiet, he doesn’t attack me - he isn’t friendly but he stays away from me. He is respectful of the ladies - if they say no he walks away - he has never forced a hen at all.

Teddy is a brat, grabs the hens and jumps on them, half the time he falls off 🤭🤭🤭 the girls give him the stink eye….

But he is a cute little devil.

View attachment 3799581View attachment 3799582View attachment 3799583

Don’t ask me what colour he is, all I know is he is named Teddy 😁
Teddy is gorgeous! As are all of your chickens but he's quite stunning! Why are all the pretty roos always the ones that are so mean? I've gotten rid of a few roos over the years and every time it's got to be the prettiest one we had, but it's not just that they are mean to us, it's when they are fighting with the other roos and horrifyingly mean to the hens.

Is it too late to try a cardboard boot thing to try fix the toes? A couple of hatches ago we had one chick seem to want to curl its toes on one foot, so my hubby did it by taping its foot to a little piece of cardboard. It kept getting it off, but he kept revising his method and putting it back on. Finally, with the same little piece of cardboard and a copious amount of vet wrap, it stayed on overnight. The next day, it was walking normally. I know yours are older but maybe something would still work for them?
It is, they are not curled. I'll post a picture in a bit.

It appears one with the air cell at both ends is alive as it's pulsating in there. It pushed most of the small end out so almost looks normal now. I can't see anything in the small end but a real small air sac.

The others, I'm afraid are dead as I saw no movement at all. I put them back in there though.

I left three chicks in there to dry but rescued these out of there. They were sure happy! View attachment 3799586
I'd open up the ones that aren't moving. I've had a few that I did that on and was able to save a couple weak stuck babies. It's rare obviously, but there's nothing to lose usually in that case.

Those babies are adorable :love

Well I am teaching my silkies all sorts of new words lately - I have my friend silkie Roo over keeping my silkie ladies company. He is a little terror - Teddy the Terror. He attacks me every chance he gets, bits hard, when he gets hold of my slack he is like a little terrier dog pulling on the leg hem and won’t let go!

My girls have been hating him, until the past few days. My Polish Roo is very gentle and quiet, he doesn’t attack me - he isn’t friendly but he stays away from me. He is respectful of the ladies - if they say no he walks away - he has never forced a hen at all.

Teddy is a brat, grabs the hens and jumps on them, half the time he falls off 🤭🤭🤭 the girls give him the stink eye….

But he is a cute little devil.

View attachment 3799581View attachment 3799582View attachment 3799583

Don’t ask me what colour he is, all I know is he is named Teddy 😁
He looks gray(silver birchen).

I'd open up the ones that aren't moving. I've had a few that I did that on and was able to save a couple weak stuck babies. It's rare obviously, but there's nothing to lose usually in that case.

Those babies are adorable :love
Thank you. I added the three now so a total of 13.

The other unhatched were dead. One certainly was ready and should have hatched but somehow got a wing over its face and smothered itself is my guess. That one was sad to see. The others, well, it just wasn't meant to be.

But at least these 13 are perfectly healthy and quite spunky already. 😊

Thank you. I added the three now so a total of 13.

The other unhatched were dead. One certainly was ready and should have hatched but somehow got a wing over its face and smothered itself is my guess. That one was sad to see. The others, well, it just wasn't meant to be.

But at least these 13 are perfectly healthy and quite spunky already. 😊

Congratulations on your Baker's Dozen Deb!

Back
Top Bottom