That’s a lot of words to say “chicken”. 🤣

Sure is lol. I assume they'd just call those chocolate cuckoos?

There are chocolate cuckoo orpingtons so I would be throwing the word "silkie" in there just to differentiate although your picture is very obvious that's a silkie!

Satin is just feather type. That one is smooth, vs. fuzzy/silkie, or frizzle.

My cuckoos are all silkie except for MB (rooster I'm keeping), and that funny-looking rooster I'm planning to sell in a week or two.

MB is the minority version of @Ponypoor's gorgeous white "mop". :D

Attachments

• B&W.JPEG
    B&W.JPEG
    837.1 KB · Views: 4
  • NN cuckoo2.JPEG
    NN cuckoo2.JPEG
    929.1 KB · Views: 4

There are chocolate cuckoo orpingtons so I would be throwing the word "silkie" in there just to differentiate although your picture is very obvious that's a silkie!

My cuckoos are all silkie except for MB (rooster I'm keeping), and that funny-looking rooster I'm planning to sell in a week or two.

Oh, sure. It’s like a screw thread callout. Simple once you know what it means. :p

Darn! Okay, thanks.
Is your winter same as ours? I could ship in October/November but probably wouldn't want to in December/January due to those are the coldest months. I mark the boxes "FRAGILE -EGGS", and line the box with insulation, but the USPS has degraded tremendously this year and wouldn't give those too much hope. I'm sure I can find small styrofoam "coolers" that would fit in a USPS Priority box which would help.

And then with yours, there's customs. I looked up x-raying with a variety of results, some saying that plus vibration on the plane takes a toll on the viability.

Is your winter same as ours? I could ship in October/November but probably wouldn't want to in December/January due to those are the coldest months. I mark the boxes "FRAGILE -EGGS", and line the box with insulation, but the USPS has degraded tremendously this year and wouldn't give those too much hope. I'm sure I can find small styrofoam "coolers" that would fit in a USPS Priority box which would help.

And then with yours, there's customs. I looked up x-raying with a variety of results, some saying that plus vibration on the plane takes a toll on the viability.
I won’t be in the US after September, so sadly that won’t work out. I’m aiming to set eggs by the middle of next week in order to have enough time to enjoy them a bit before I leave. I haven’t had luck with internationally shipped eggs - plus, customs are a huge pain.

I won’t be in the US after September, so sadly that won’t work out. I’m aiming to set eggs by the middle of next week in order to have enough time to enjoy them a bit before I leave. I haven’t had luck with internationally shipped eggs - plus, customs are a huge pain.
Oh, you want to have them shipped in the U.S.?

I can squeeze out a dozen of those eggs for you but then are you bringing the chicks back to Europe? I guess I'm confused as to your mission here lol.

Oh, you want to have them shipped in the U.S.?

I can squeeze out a dozen of those eggs for you but then are you bringing the chicks back to Europe? I guess I'm confused as to your mission here lol.
Nah, don’t let me mess up your hatching plans.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/summer-shenanigans-vote-now.1623693/
I started a thread that might explain things a little better. This summer is the last chance I’ll have to own chickens for who knows how long, so I’m going to make the most of it and try something new. :)

I think they are all amazing - I am always astonished by the variety of
Colours and feathers on chickens 😊💕

I think they are all amazing - I am always astonished by the variety of
Colours and feathers on chickens 😊💕
I am too!

All those shipping eggs I bought got such a horrible hatch rate on them, but what I did get, I'm so amazed at the colors and beauty of them. Yes, even those darned naked necks lol.

I have some more of mine hatching on the 18th, but then the 23rd those other ones, the "box of chocolates" so not sure what I'm getting. :)

The last shipment in for me this year she said she's shipping today, but haven't heard. Mine I sell, the shipped ones, I have to grow out to see what they are. :D

Egg order delayed.

She didn't have enough buff eggs to fill my two dozen egg order and said it's so hot there they aren't laying well. She asked if I wanted 1 mos old chicks. No, as I'd only get 3 chicks for the price I've paid for two dozen eggs. Hindsight thinking, maybe that's all I'd get to hatch depending on the USPS lol.

Hopefully, next week is better. I am getting worried as I would be growing these out and made a pact not to keep any chicks after June 1. :old

They need to be around 5 months before winter hits hard so they can go in the main coop without issues. I guess I'll have to make this work. Maybe we'll have a mild winter. :)

Oh Debbie, so sorry your egg order was delayed :( That is so sad! I probably would have been so impatient that I would have said “just send me whatever you have!” 😂 the buffs will be worth the wait though! Remind me how many buffs you were wanting??

Question for Debbie and everyone else too - I have a lemon cuckoo silkie chick that I thought was buff but now I think it does have some cuckoo barring coming through!! Sadly this is the only buff chicken that I have - so I don’t think I can get any more buffs. And I’m almost positive she’s a pullet. I will probably have to breed to a black roo - is a buff to black pairing bad? Would all black chicks be expected with the males being cuckoo and the females being solid? Will the buff create a lot of leakage in the black birds? Thanks for any insight on this!

Back
Top Bottom