Deb's Flock - new ducklings March 2016 (pic heavy)

Debs Flock

Crossing the Road
Apr 28, 2015
Jefferson County, MO
Our new family members should arrive on 3/30 or 3/31. Coming soon...2 Welshies, 1 Buff & 1 Cayuga (all females) Hatch date 3/28. Names yet to be determined. It's highly likely that the Welshies will be named Willow & Walnut. Stay tuned for LOTS of baby pics.

*squeezes in*

caf.gif
pop.gif

In this thread it will be "squeeees in"
gig.gif

Sorry. Had to bring the kids to the library. While I was there I attempted to research "Transporting Ducknapped 'Ling Over State Lines" but I think that dumb public computer alerted some sort of FBI watchdog group -- When the librarian started looking at me weird, we got outta there fast! I don't have a plan in place yet, tho I do know just from watching the news that I'll need the adult diapers so that I can drive for long stretches without having to stop to pee. After 4-1/2 decades of peeing like a civilized person, I think convincing myself to pee in my pants will be the hardest part of this whole adventure, but I will print out a picture of Cricket & pin it to the dash to help keep me motivated. I also think I will use my DH truck. The plan is to seal any cracks in the bed liner & fill it up with water. A duck floating in the back of a pickup that's hauling 90mph across state lines is sure to draw a little attention, but it will be worth it. I seriously have no idea what to do with the duct tape. Like I said, I need to do more research. Once I get her to my place I will hug her & kiss her & squeeze her & love her & I will change her name to George. In the meantime Deb, please send me your exact longitude & latitude to make things easier on me. I'm a first time 'lingnapper & believe me, I need all the help I can get!
wink.png

I am not sure if this was directed at me or @Debs Flock but she just got 2 and I am sure they are the current delights of her life (along with her Cayuga and Buff). I have had one for about 2 years and she is a sweet, calm, gentle duck. A have as close to a one of each flock as I can get within my size limitations - If you are not planning on breeding ducks and are focused on pets / eggs I highly recommend this approach as it make each individual duck EASY to distinguish so you learn their personalities better. And if you don't want some to go in the freezer, I would recommend having them sexed. Limited drakes if you are breeding and Very, very limited (maybe none) drakes if not.

My 2 Welshies, Willow & Walnut, are exact opposites. Sure hope this doesn't mean they accidentally shipped me a drake. (I only vent sexed the extra they shipped, which was female.) Willow is as chill a duckling as I've ever seen. She naps on me, doesn't cheep her fool head off when I have her with me (even when she does get vocal, she does so quietly), doesn't try to wiggle out of my hands & doesn't run away when I'm trying to pick her up. The closest to her in personality is Cricket.

Walnut is by far the loudest little thing I've ever heard. I seriously think she wants to burst my eardrums. She angrily cheeps when she's in my lap (eventually calms down maybe 50% of the time). She angrily cheeps when Bailey or Cricket is outside of the brooder. She's the only one that has developed a certain screechiness to her cheeping when she's really mad. It's hard to believe that she's related to Willow.

Still, as far as looks go, Welshies are my favorite. Of course, despite Walnut's anger issues, I love her bunches.

Are you gonna do a thread when you get babies? Wait, you have one, right? Can't recall if it's a chick or a ling.
hide.gif
It's both Hope hatched 6 out of 8 3 Runners/3Muscovy but getting pics is near to impossible right now with my arm, I tried just a while ago not good but. If you don't mind me shari ng on your thread??

There really are 6 but this is best I can do at the moment. Joy has 3 hatched and 2 more pips, Dolly is i n Ernies old bedroom which is too narrow for me to get into I know she has at least 2 under her that have hatched. Hope is the only one who had Scovy eggs. Middy my lil game batam hen is sitting on 8 eggs from WVduckchick and I listened and can hear pecking so some has internally pipped.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom