December Hatch-A-Long 2014

Renee572

Songster
5 Years
Apr 11, 2014
I've been waiting and waiting for someone to start a December Hatch-A-Long thread and it hasn't happened so I decided to start one. My plan is to set a dozen chicken eggs this Friday Nov. 21st. This will be my first hatch ever. I am so excited and nervous and I hope if I have questions I will be able to get them answered here.

I'd love to hear of others planning a December hatch! :)

I've:jumpy never hatched eggs either but plan to in the spring. Will be following your progress, best of luck. :jumpy

Last edited:
Good Luck on your first hatch!
thumbsup.gif
I'll join the hatch-a-long :) I just put 18 in today! 2 blue marans, 7 light brahmas, 4 RIR's, and I think the rest are dominiquers. Did I spell all those correctly? This is my first pure bred hatch so I"m excited to see how it turns out. If everything goes well, I should have babies the first weekend in December.
fl.gif

Just remember, the first hatch is the most nerve wracking, it will get easier every time!
e.t.a. These forums were a life saver during my first hatch...i will do my best to keep up if I can be of help.

Last edited:
I'd like to join too :) I've been waiting for someone to start one. Glad you did! I have a couple more November hatches but I set 12 Serama eggs with a 12/2 hatch date. I also have 12 more serama on order and just won a 'party mix' of eggs on auction. So no hatch dates on those obviously but it'll definitely be December
jumpy.gif

I've been waiting and waiting for someone to start a December Hatch-A-Long thread and it hasn't happened so I decided to start one. My plan is to set a dozen chicken eggs this Friday Nov. 21st. This will be my first hatch ever. I am so excited and nervous and I hope if I have questions I will be able to get them answered here.

I'd love to hear of others planning a December hatch!
smile.png

The first hatch is the best! Whether you get a good hatch or not it's an amazing adventure. I will cross my fingers that it goes smoothly for you!

I'd love to hear of others planning a December hatch!
smile.png
I will join in!! I'm crazy, I will be setting 18 light brahmas and 48 mixes. The 48 are mixed but mostly pure if that makes since..lol It will be fun!! Good luck on your first hatch and enjoy!

I will join in!! I'm crazy, I will be setting 18 light brahmas and 48 mixes. The 48 are mixed but mostly pure if that makes since..lol It will be fun!! Good luck on your first hatch and enjoy!

I guess that makes me crazy too LOL I've got 12 due in early December and 35 more eggs on order. I just won the other auction I had bid on
hide.gif
So that's 24 Serama, 8 mixed, and 15 Silkies. I'm sure the number will go up. And up, and up, and UPPPPP
roll.png
Good luck on your hatch!

Wow I wish you all good luck. I'm only starting off with a dozen. I'm borrowing an incubator and I really hope I have it in the next day or 2 so that I can get familiar with it, get it set up and test it out before I pick up my eggs on Thursday. I plan to set them on Friday but I haven't decided if I should do it in the morning or the evening. What do you all do?

I requested 6 slw, 3 Easter eggers and 3 white egg layers from the local breeder I am getting them from. Honestly if I get even 1 egg to hatch this first time around it will be exciting. But I am really hoping I get a slw hen. I think they are so beautiful and would love one in my flock.

Still figuring out how I'll integrate them into my existing flock of 4 without too much drama but I guess I have some time before that needs to be figured out.

Glad you all are joining me!

Last edited:
Wow I wish you all good luck. I'm only starting off with a dozen. I'm borrowing an incubator and I really hope I have it in the next day or 2 so that I can get familiar with it, get it set up and test it out before I pick up my eggs on Thursday. I plan to set them on Friday but I haven't decided if I should do it in the morning or the evening. What do you all do?

I requested 6 slw, 3 Easter eggers and 3 white egg layers from the local breeder I am getting them from. Honestly if I get even 1 egg to hatch this first time around it will be exciting. But I am really hoping I get a slw hen. I think they are so beautiful and would love one in my flock.

Still figuring out how I'll integrate them into my existing flock of 4 without too much drama but I guess I have some time before that needs to be figured out.

Glad you all are joining me!

What breed are the white egg layers? There's so many :) I love slw too. And EE 'beard' makes me laugh. I tried to hatch some EE bantams but the eggs got so scrambled in shipping that they never developed at all. I will try again in the spring unless I find a good deal before then. I just can't help myself when I see a good price on eggs lol. What kind of incubator are you borrowing?

Hatched a batch of barnyard mixed November 1st and tried to shut the incubator down. Made it to November 10th and decided to add 8 more barnyard mix and 12 LF EE's. Should hatch 12/1.

Had someone offer me a great deal on porcelain sizzle eggs and mixed sizzle eggs so 24 eggs were added on November 13th. Due to hatch 12/4.

I have another incubator ordered and will move the first eggs into that at lockdown!

Back
Top Bottom