December hatch-along

This little buggers just chillin around the heat lamp after a long day of play.

Last edited:
I am in lock down with my first ever hatching eggs. They are Cayuga and Khaki Campbell ducks and they are white to light grey in color. I can tell you that I started seeing red dots at candling very easily around the 3rd day, and by the 4th day, I could even see a tiny heartbeat on some of them. I am sure others will reply to you, but I would at least keep them in for 7 days just to be sure. I did have one egg that I was not sure was alive until about the 7th day. Good luck!

X2

Okay i know i am in the wrong month but i was going to ask here and in january to get the most answers it is a little long but here i go.

I was looking for some duck eggs and contacted one person off of craigslist she told me she did not have fertile eggs this time of year she just sold eating eggs.  I stopped looking after multiple nos.  The lady contacts me back about a week later and said she has fertile eggs if i am still interested and when i went to get them she had male ducks in with her female because they where actively breeding when i got there. I was kind of iffy after her statement before so i only got one dozen eggs.  I have had them in the incubator for 4 days and they look the same as the did day one.  No development am i candling to soon or are these infertile I have not seen growth in any of them.  I am new to ducks so I would like any advise i could get.  Thank  Yall for your time reading this.
ducks take longer than chicken eggs. Wait another week before you give up.

Last edited:
lockdown for chirstmas eve is going great. I can t wait so see them they are black sex links so i will know as they hatch my hen to rooster ratio is there any way to turn said ratio in favor of hens or is it determend at fertilization. 34ish eggs going strong with moving babies yay

Back
Top Bottom