Delawares from kathyinmo

Pics
Zanna ... you know the smaller pullet? She has about caught up with the big one and she is giving us the bigger eggs. I'm proud of her.
Yay! My smaller girl caught up too, she is one of my two in a breeding pen. She was smaller and had white legs but super nice type and perfect colour. When I tried to find her at night on the roost to put her in the breeder pen I had a hard time because she was the same size as the others and her legs are nice and yellow now, I was looking for the white legs!

Hatch Update, Day 12, @capayvalleychick First hatch.

24 eggs set.

Day 12, Five removed. Four Clear and 1 Blood Ring.

19 eggs are developing!

This is a candling picture. I have a video in line for conversion on Vimeo and will post it when it is ready:

The Video is Ready!

This is a Delaware from Kathyinmo on Day 12 from Kim's flock:

vimeo_logo.png

Well surprise - I have two of the Blueline gone Broody - And no fertile eggs. I guess
put the cocks in pens and separate out what I don't want to hatch and if one is still siting stick some eggs
under here in brooder pen . Moving Cocks tomorrow . One of them is a breeder but not laying now . But shes keeping them
wooden eggs real warm LOL

I have two pullets that are in separate pen and I am rotating my cockerel back and forth. I believe he has bred them both, but so far, no fertile eggs. The third pullet has some brownish on her back feathers plus more Colombian patterned hackles, so instead of breeding her to the Delaware, I bred her to a Rhode Island Red for red sexlinked chicks. And her eggs are fertile! What's up with this?

I have two pullets that are in separate pen and I am rotating my cockerel back and forth. I believe he has bred them both, but so far, no fertile eggs. The third pullet has some brownish on her back feathers plus more Colombian patterned hackles, so instead of breeding her to the Delaware, I bred her to a Rhode Island Red for red sexlinked chicks. And her eggs are fertile! What's up with this?
Can you candle to determine fertility or do you need to crack it ?
I hope we don't have the infertility problem because only two cocks and the same line .

Can you candle to determine fertility or do you need to crack it ?
I hope we don't have the infertility problem because only two cocks and the same line .

I set them in the incubator and candle at 5 days. I will give them some more time and if still infertile, I will probably breed them for sexlinks. I was hoping to get some more from Kathy's line
hmm.png

I set them in the incubator and candle at 5 days. I will give them some more time and if still infertile, I will probably breed them for sexlinks. I was hoping to get some more from Kathy's line
hmm.png
OK thanks- Put # 1 Cock with 4 of Kathys F4 breeder hens , 3 NH and 2 EE s - I can tell the eggs apart that way . #2 Cock is with a F4 we don't want to breed and 4 old line Dels .
Did not see any action in either pen today the 1st day . They were to busy socializing .
Guys better get busy or the broody's will abandon the nests LOL

Back
Top Bottom