DEVASTATED AND EXTEMELY PI**ED OFF!! (Rats)

Keep the chick away from the others, as the little canibals will pick at the wound ...

Looks like a tough little chicky!

Shouldn't have to worry about that one flying the coop! ;)

Keep the chick away from the others, as the little canibals will pick at the wound ...

Looks like a tough little chicky!

Shouldn't have to worry about that one flying the coop!
wink.png
LOL It def is a fighter that's for sure!! He gladly made it through the night and is doing very well.
I really hope it makes it through. I've grown very attached!
I did separate him from the rest and put a stuffed animal in his box which he snuggles against. I figured it wouldnt feel so alone and that it would also help keep it warm.
smile.png

LOL It def is a fighter that's for sure!! He gladly made it through the night and is doing very well.
I really hope it makes it through. I've grown very attached!
I did separate him from the rest and put a stuffed animal in his box which he snuggles against. I figured it wouldnt feel so alone and that it would also help keep it warm.
smile.png
WOW what a strong little bird! I did that with a lone pheasant chick to keep her from getting lonely. Glad he's doing well!

Any sign if rats yet?
When I got home yesterday and looked into my lanai one of them was sitting pretty cleaning its face
somad.gif
little f**ker!!
I set out some rat traps with peanut butter. I also set up two 5 gallon buckets with a wood plank and peanut butter and bread inside giving them one more chance at a live capture but the little things got in the bucket, ate the bread and peanut butter and somehow got out. They made sure to leave poop in the bucket just so I knew it was them and that they are smarter than me lol.

So after alot of thinking I've decided to buy some rat poison bait thingys and set those tonight and this weekend.
Its not what I wanted to do BUT I agree with alot of the advice on here and I must do what I have to do to protect my animals and my sanity.

Last edited:
Them rotten buggers can JUMP! Not so much if there is 6" of water in the bottom of the bucket! ;) (and a light coat of oil on the inside of bucket above water line!)

How life can change our perceptions eh?

I had a big cat problem. Neighbours housed more than 50 cats. They completely destroyed my lawn, my chickens, my birds, scratched my car, peed all over my porches..

I love animals. I hate animals that suffer. I am even an assistant vet..
But now, I hate cats. Especially those from my neighbours.

They finally moved, leaving the cats behind in a mother home.
Some "conscious" neighbour ripped a hole in the VR. Cats escaped and since then, I've been tapping them..

I used to be so sad to see a caged animal. Now I don't care anymore.
I lost ALL the care I had for stray cats. I have NO good feelings for them anymore whatsoever.

I even gave my own cat away. Got tired of cleaning the poop outside in my gardens, then INSIDE in my litter box.

To save my hens, my blind old dog and my property I had to completely change my thinking. Just like you and rats. It's crazy eh? I bet you never thought you'd feel like way about rats.

I hope you little one recovers :(
love.gif

PS: you probably already know but be careful with the poison if you have a dog, cats, young kids... or even if the chickens free range sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom