Development of USA Lavender Orpington - Update PICs pg 8

Here is a pictures of ALL orpingtons!! Hatched 4 lavs 2 splits and a bunch of bantams...
big_smile.png
It was a good day.
love.gif

49849_dsc04763.jpg

woot.gif
Congrats on your baby lav!
jumpy.gif
We'll be setting our lavender eggs soon. I can't wait to see them popping in the hatcher again.
wee.gif

Hello..new to the site....I have my first doz lavender eggs going into my Incubator tomorrow.....cant wait..javascript:insert_text('
roll.png
',%20'');javascript:insert_text('
wee.gif
',%20'');javascript:insert_text('
roll.png
',%20'');

Giterdun, you never told us how your hatch turned out. I hope you have some wonderful babies growing.

NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL. Out of the 12 lavs I got 2 chicks that died with in 2 days of hatching. She then sent me another doz (bearing in mind I had a full incubator and everything else hatched fine) and out of those 12 I only ended up with 4! Not to happy. At the moment I have 2 red rock chicks, 1 barred rock chick, 2 rhode island red chicks, 4 lavs, 2 juvenile blue orpingtons, 50 cornish giant chicks , 2 full incubators....
smile.png

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. If they were shipped, maybe they weren't handled very well or something. It's tough to say. It sounds like you have a nice assortment of chicks though and more on the way.
smile.png

We're working on our lavender orps again this year. I've placed our best lavender rooster in a pen with some big bodacious black orp hens to continue improvement on our line. I can't wait to start hatching their babies.

Awww we Love the new beginnings, also the end and final chapter on these fifth gen cocks and hens and on to the new crossing of the line to select black hens again to a single selected very special Lavender Roo..and the show goes on.. it never gets old....
ya.gif
the 5th gens have all been re homed for free to wonderful and loving pet homes..
love.gif

020-2-1.jpg

042-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

015.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom