Deworming dosage?

ChickenWitch1

In the Brooder
May 31, 2022
I’m trying to deworm my flock using safeguard. I heard that the correct dosage is 3cc per gallon of water. Is this correct. And I also have some 8-10 week old chickens, who will run over and drink out of the big waterers when we let them out. Is the dosage the same for them? Considering how little they are, I just wanted to make sure that the dosage we put in the waterers won’t hurt them.

I’m trying to deworm my flock using safeguard. I heard that the correct dosage is 3cc per gallon of water. Is this correct. And I also have some 8-10 week old chickens, who will run over and drink out of the big waterers when we let them out. Is the dosage the same for them? Considering how little they are, I just wanted to make sure that the dosage we put in the waterers won’t hurt them.
That's the wrong dosage. Safeguard (fenbendazole) should be given orally at 0.23ml per pound of weight, and repeat as needed. For roundworms it's once and then again in ten days. For MOST other worms (not tapeworms) the dosage is once a day for five consecutive days. Do you know what worms you are dealing with?

Back
Top Bottom