diatomaceous earth - did I buy right kind?

Quote:
I bought a 50# bag so I didn't have to worry about running out anytime soon and because I can't find the food grade DE anyplace locally. I don't measure how much I use (except for in our dogs food). Around the yard, under bunny hutches and in the coop, I just put some in the flour sifter and do a light coating. Hope this is some help!

Dawn

Well ...

This stuff is powdery and light. Fifty pounds is a LOT!!!

If you are only going to use it for 7 chickens, I'd think you could get a smaller amount to last a long time. Five pounds even would probably last a while.

Can you split an order with anyone? I still might ask at the store if my boss wants to let me sell some. (Herb and Natural food store)

Anyway, someone who knows more than me will probably be able to tell you better. I've just gotten it for the first time. But so far I've only used about a tablespoon of it. I think 50 pounds for 7 chickens would last a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time!

(and someone did, while I was typing
smile.png
)

trish

Last edited:
Quote:
Not that I've heard of or read. We keep ours outdoors in a galvanized trash can since we don't have room in the trailer. Haven't had any problems with it getting wet either, but then it hasn't rained here in weeks. We do have high humidity and it hasn't been a problem either...

Dawn

Quote:
Hi Trish...for some reason I did not get your email. I checked both my accounts just in case it did not foward to my main account. Anyway...Friday or Saturday is great...I can just come by your work...I know where it is. Let me know which day is better and what time would be good.
Thanks for setting all this up...it is MUCH appreciated!!!!

Thanks for the fiber info. Sounds like you have your hands full!!!!!

Talk to ya soon,
Lisa

For anyone in Middle TN, I bought a 50 lb. bag today in Woodbury Tn for $20.00!!! I was very excited. He will order on 9/10/07 and it will come in the following week. He gets it from Davisboro, Ga. It is Permaguard and most people here use it in goat feed, etc.

Hi Lisa,

Nope, she's not me. She was with me today and she was logged in, and I suddenly realized that I hadn't replied to you yet. That computer is too slow to re-log, so I hoped you wouldn't mind getting a post from LunarAngel.

Will see you tomorrow. (Ummm .... later today ... I work too late at my online business, just finished, and I gotta get up with the chickens ... I shouldn't be here but I guess I'm addicted ...
roll.png
)

Goodnight!

trish

Quote:
LOL!!! I can't help but check in here either...it's addicting!!!

I am looking forward to meeting you today. I will be with my husband and kids. My daughters birthday is Monday...we are going to have her "birthday dinner" tonight so we have a little runnin' around to do today to get ready for it. We figured we'd stop by your shop while we are out!

See ya today!
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom