Did I misgender my African grey goose?

LucyTheGoosey

Hatching
Feb 11, 2022
My husband and I got sexed goslings from metzer farms last spring; we named the female African grey “Odette,” the male African grey “Goostav,” & the female white Chinese “Lucy Goosey.” Unfortunately we lost Lucy Goosey and (who we thought was) Goostav to a predator when the 3 were juvenile/“adolescent.” We thought for sure the remaining goose was Odette (female), but as time has gone on we’ve become less and less certain.
Based on these photos, do you think the pictured goose is male or female? Or is it impossible to tell? (It honestly doesn’t matter what sex it is as our geese are just our companions.)
441150FE-1C1B-489D-AD6B-AD734F8E0B10.jpeg
7952F5B2-50C7-4405-8CC8-42B2D121780D.jpeg

Metzers is pretty good at sexing usually when the get miss sexed its the girls. If you haven't seen a egg yet good chance a boy.
Yes: metzer is amazing and I love how easy they make it by banding them!
The problem is by the time we lost the other 2, we had already cut the bands off (due to growth) and were telling the male and female apart by comparing them…..but now we have no one to compare it to.
Also we live on over 30 acres of heavily wooded land; we would be searching for days for eggs as they like to go all over the place to their multiple ponds and we have 5 wilder adult pilgrim/Chinese crosses that aren’t sexed as well.
Thank you so much for your response!

Back
Top Bottom