Did you get any new books for Christmas?

I got canning books and I was thrilled ....Water for elephants is on my to do list after I figure out how to buy it and download on my ipad

Quote:
I assume you have the iBooks app. Go to "Browse" then under authors look up Gruen. Tap on it and the book will come up--$9.99

I got:
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
Epic Fail
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
Matched (Matched, #1)(which I need to return because I already have a copy)
Spirit of the Elephant
The Predicteds
The Road
Midnight Pearls A Retelling of "The Little Mermaid" (Once Upon a Time)
Plenty One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally
Epic (Epic #1)
The Children of Men
Boy Proof
Middlesex
Ender's Shadow (Shadow, #1)
Double Identity
I am Legend
Genesis
The Thirteenth Tale
Aurelia (Aurelia, #1)
I Who Have Never Known Men
Ten Cents a Dance
Wolf The Journey Home
On leaving paradise A novel
Raptor Red
The Foretelling
The Missing Girl
The Moon Riders
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
Perfume The Story of a Murderer
Califia's Daughters
Geography Club
A Little Wanting Song
Get Well Soon
The Butcher and the Vegetarian One Woman's Romp Through a World of Men, Meat, and Moral Crisis
The Elephant's Secret Sense The Hidden Life of the Wild Herds of Africa
Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
If I Should Die Before I Wake
The White Bone
Zenith
Darkborn (Darkborn Trilogy, #1)
The Turning (Blood Ties, #1)
My Sister's Keeper
Julie and Julia 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen
No Touch Monkey And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late (Adventura Books Series)
The Emperors of Chocolate Inside the Secret World of Hershey and Mars
Z for Zachariah
When Elephants Weep The Emotional Lives of Animals
Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
Poseidon's Steed The Story of Seahorses, from Myth to Reality
Tattoo (Tattoo, #1)
The Storyteller's Daughter A Retelling of "The Arabian Nights"
Voyage on the Great Titanic The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, R.M.S. Titanic, 1912 (Dear America)
The Stolen Child
Daughters of the North

and so far I've read Epic fail, The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4), Tattoo (Tattoo, #1), and I Who Have Never Known Men. I am currently reading The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) and The Predicteds

I got Shadow Over San Mateo, Out Of the Mist, Second Wind, Close Call and The Winner's Circle, all Lauraine Snelling, Attack of the Smart Pies by Larry Gonick, the Sword in the Stone, Al Capone Does My Shirts, Al Capone Shines My Shoes, and The Graveyard Book.

Quote:
I got a kindle e-reader thing because I'm about to go to california for a month because it will be much easier to carry around than a big book! Plus when I finish one I can just buy more as I go along!

If you have an iphone you should look up the bird field guides on them. I got one (with a voucher from work) for australian birds (michael morcombe one i think), it has the birds distribution, migration, you can change the setting to only show birds around the area at that time of year, it has pictures of immature, egg, chick, adult perching and flying, breeding plumage compared to regular, male compared to female and even has recordings of all the different calls!!
The search function is great, you can just put in the birds colour and it will show you all with that colour, or enter a bird that it 'looks like' and it will come up with those a similar shape, change the setting to filter out different types of birds (marine birds, wetland, terrestrial) or different sizes!!!

It's amazing and sooo handy. You can also make a list on all the birds you find and the iphone tells you exactly where you found it based on your location. Amazing stuff, makes my backpack a LOT lighter too!!

Quote:
I assume you have the iBooks app. Go to "Browse" then under authors look up Gruen. Tap on it and the book will come up--$9.99

Thanks Woodmart!

Quote:
NOW is the time to read A Clash of Kings as the hbo series will start back up in April.

I read the eye of the world series and liked it. BUT OMG I fell in to a game of thrones on HBO and thought it was FANTASTIC!! About 4 in I realized it was a book series. SOOO good and SOOO much better than Eye of the world series. I came to fantasy late in life (after 30) was more of a bio or non fictional reader. Now my Dh teases me and calls me a dragon girl.

Quote:
NOW is the time to read A Clash of Kings as the hbo series will start back up in April.

I read the eye of the world series and liked it. BUT OMG I fell in to a game of thrones on HBO and thought it was FANTASTIC!! About 4 in I realized it was a book series. SOOO good and SOOO much better than Eye of the world series. I came to fantasy late in life (after 30) was more of a bio or non fictional reader. Now my Dh teases me and calls me a dragon girl.

I honestly haven't watched the show
hide.gif
I plan to at some point but I'd like to start it from the beginning so I'm going to A: see if they are repeating it or B: wait until it comes out on dvd.

Quote:
I had heard Water for Elephants was excellent. The movie looked very good and it was one I have been wanting to watch for a while now!

The book Water For Elephants was EXCELLENT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom