Dinosaur Egg OMG!

Pics
smiley_emoticons_dinosaurier07.gif

That must have hurt!

"Nothing to worry about there guys! When pullets first lay they can lay double yokers, thin shelled eggs, the hard ones are a good sign of plentiful calcium and a healthy diet. Also bare in mind the smaller pullet eggs have less shell to disperse the calcium, as the eggs become larger the shells will thin slightly."

I found that from a previous thread, hope it helps!

We had one this week too. My joke was that it looked like Shaquille O'Neal sitting in an airplane. Then it got stuck and broke. I think it had 3 yolks but they all ran together and it was hard to tell. View attachment 1361231
Funny! How often do you get a super jumbo egg? What kind of diet are your chickens on? Also the breeds laying the brown eggs..:pop

Funny! How often do you get a super jumbo egg? What kind of diet are your chickens on? Also the breeds laying the brown eggs..:pop

That was the 1st time we had a super jumbo egg. It was a fun surprise but now the eggs are normal size. The hen was either a RIR, SLW, or Barred Rock but not sure which. Our two Marans hens also laid a couple of pretty big eggs a while back but they were one-offs also. Our hens are in their first laying year and we feed 20% flock raiser with free choice oyster shell.

That was the 1st time we had a super jumbo egg. It was a fun surprise but now the eggs are normal size. The hen was either a RIR, SLW, or Barred Rock but not sure which. Our two Marans hens also laid a couple of pretty big eggs a while back but they were one-offs also. Our hens are in their first laying year and we feed 20% flock raiser with free choice oyster shell.
Most likely RI-Red.. mine give me the massive eggs.

Back
Top Bottom