DISTRAUGHT

I am so sorry! I have been in your shoes, it is so anxiety provoking.:hugs
The postal system has not been updating chick deliveries, in my experience, this year. You can go down to your local post office and see if they are there, if it is not too far away.
If they arrive you will likely have some losses, but there is nothing you can do but be ready for them with a warm brooder. Nutradrench can do wonders, too. I have had chicks take 4 days to get here. Most hatcheries place gel packs in with the chicks that gives them a little sustenance for the trip.🙂
My brooder has been all set since Tuesday because I naively thought they might be overnighted.
That makes me feel SO MUCH better to know they might be shipped with gel packs.

Check the tracking number on at www.usps.com and see where they are. Absolutely go to your local post office (if you can) ASAP and find out why they have not taken proper care of your live animal delivery...
The tracking number will show progress (location) of the shipment via a dropdown menu that shows all updates (scans) of the tracking number.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-095617.png
    Screenshot_20210905-095617.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 11
I had a large chick order this year, the USPS NEVER updated the tracking. Even after I picked the chicks up, it still said they were at the origin facility. Updated the tracking after I got home! I would ignore that and wait for your post office to call and I would keep calling them, too and go in person. They may get annoyed with you, but so what? 🙂

Also try signing up for the text message tracking option. I received a text that my chicks had arrived at my local PO 2 hours before I received my phone call. Hoping your chicks arrive safe tomorrow:hugs

I had a large chick order this year, the USPS NEVER updated the tracking. Even after I picked the chicks up, it still said they were at the origin facility. Updated the tracking after I got home! I would ignore that and wait for your post office to call and I would keep calling them, too and go in person. They may get annoyed with you, but so what? 🙂
Thank you I will do this

I am 5 minutes away from the post office so I can keep harassing them. The guy I spoke to seemed to understand the urgency that they have been stuck in transit for a long while.

What a terrible feeling. I hope they show up soon. I had an order of Easter eggers early this spring that literally never arrived. 😔
I have never ordered chicks before. This has not been a good experience. I will stick to hatching my own or tractor supply after this. I know that it's a gamble when you ship them I just thought I did my due diligence. Ordered from the closest hatchery I could find. Had them ship early in the week. Alerted my post office. The hatchery estimated overnight shipping for their state and I live closer to the hatchery than half of Texas. Kept my phone volume on high. Woke up to every text or phone alert for the last few days lol. It has been way more stressful than I hoped. I would be so upset if they literally never showed up.

I have never ordered chicks before. This has not been a good experience. I will stick to hatching my own or tractor supply after this. I know that it's a gamble when you ship them I just thought I did my due diligence. Ordered from the closest hatchery I could find. Had them ship early in the week. Alerted my post office. The hatchery estimated overnight shipping for their state and I live closer to the hatchery than half of Texas. Kept my phone volume on high. Woke up to every text or phone alert for the last few days lol. It has been way more stressful than I hoped. I would be so upset if they literally never showed up.
Live animals getting shipped always has the potential to end in tragedy, but it's been worse recently.

Back
Top Bottom