DISTRAUGHT

I can offer no encouragement on your receiving your chicks but I can say this.

I have heard of caring postal employees faced with undeliverable chicks due to such things as natural disasters calling people who had recently gotten chick deliveries and placing them out for adoption rather than just letting them die in shipment.

It doesn't help you get your chicks, but the thought that someone might be caring for them might give you some comfort.

That's HORRIBLE! I hope you run your experience "up the flagpole" with the USPS. I have so much distrust for the USPS getting anything anywhere on time that I don't even send monthly bill payments with them any longer. The service is just that BAD!

Hopefully, the hatchery can pick up the ball and get new chicks to you in a timely manner...

Im so sorry!!! We lost a shipment of 30+ chicks in February due to weather and an embargo on live animals. The hatchery wasn't notified until some of the shipments were already being distributed into overnight trucks. All our chicks arrived dead because they were in transit so long.

The hatchery actually replaced all of our chicks for free and shipped them the next month. I feel your pain, it's a terrible terrible thing to have happen to you.... :hugs

Im so sorry!!! We lost a shipment of 30+ chicks in February due to weather and an embargo on live animals. The hatchery wasn't notified until some of the shipments were already being distributed into overnight trucks. All our chicks arrived dead because they were in transit so long.

The hatchery actually replaced all of our chicks for free and shipped them the next month. I feel your pain, it's a terrible terrible thing to have happen to you.... :hugs
Thank you. I definitely don't blame the hatchery or even my local postmaster. It wasn't their fault. I'm sure the hatchery will make it right. I am definitely scared straight though. After this I think I'll just settle for what our local stores get in rather than shipping birds myself. I know it's really the same thing but at least I don't have to feel personally guilty for the losses. I just feel if they were in a large shipment of chicks they really would've been treated like a priority.

Back
Top Bottom