Dixie Chicks

I couldn’t remember my password... for months. I was inspired to reset it today because I’ve finally attached my greenhouse to my coop, which I’ve been dreaming of doing since @Alaskan metioned it forever ago back in the cold folks home. Hope all is well with everyone
Nice!!!

How many kids do ya have? Still at 3boys?

I couldn’t remember my password... for months. I was inspired to reset it today because I’ve finally attached my greenhouse to my coop, which I’ve been dreaming of doing since @Alaskan metioned it forever ago back in the cold folks home. Hope all is well with everyone
Awesome!!
I was talking to a guy way back that has Malay chickens in northern Pennsylvania. Keeps them in his greenhouse in the winter.
I actually half built one using a trampoline like Felix/vehve did, just never put plastic on it and used it... I'm slow, maybe this spring. It's a trellis for red noodle beans right now Lol. Ever grow them? Slowest growing beans I ever grew, just starting to flower, maybe I'll get some beans before it snows. Have them growing on wade's giant Indian corn also.

@hennible
Have you ever grown Indian corn? I'm pretty sure I've seen pics of corn in your greenhouses? Painted mountain corn, grown in the mountains of Montana might do real good up where you are. I harvested my first ear, early, worried about rot. The tassels are done but they are not dried out, we're still having nice weather. Not sure when to pick the freaking things. Flour corn. The wade's giant Indian corn still needs some time but I'm not sure of this painted mountain corn, I'd like to wait till it dies down but I don't want it to rot, the end of this one was mushy. Maybe the rest will be alright till we get cold weather and it dies down, IDK? Any input? Should I pick it all or wait? Can't find much info on the net except for the plants are supposed to be dead, brown, dry...
Screenshot_20180903-231141.png

@hennible
Have you ever grown Indian corn? I'm pretty sure I've seen pics of corn in your greenhouses? Painted mountain corn, grown in the mountains of Montana might do real good up where you are. I harvested my first ear, early, worried about rot. The tassels are done but they are not dried out, we're still having nice weather. Not sure when to pick the freaking things. Flour corn. The wade's giant Indian corn still needs some time but I'm not sure of this painted mountain corn, I'd like to wait till it dies down but I don't want it to rot, the end of this one was mushy. Maybe the rest will be alright till we get cold weather and it dies down, IDK? Any input? Should I pick it all or wait? Can't find much info on the net except for the plants are supposed to be dead, brown, dry...
View attachment 1524355
Great corn photo!

Does it also make good popcorn? Or is that a different kind?

Great corn photo!

Does it also make good popcorn? Or is that a different kind?
Flour corn, soft starches, they say you don't even need a grinder. It'll grind well just in a blender. I imagine it'll even do well in Alaska, bred in the harsh rocky mountains at over 5,000 ft where no other corn will grow. 90 days to maturity. Been grown in Siberia to North Korea , to Africa. Higher nutrient content and higher protein than commercial corn, around 14-15% protein.
I'm just not sure if it's ok to pick right now? Plants aren't dead and dry yet, and we've been getting rain.

Back
Top Bottom