Dixie Chicks

Same number of kids @Alaskan I knew you’d ask
@Beer can I think I know the beans your talking about, I have seeds I’ve never planted lol. Asian variety?
I haven’t grown any heritage corn, no, but man that stuff you’ve got is beautiful. The greenhouse greenhouse a 20” lift maybe I’ll try a neat corn again... last time I had corn in there it almost went through plastic it got so tall.
I chat with Felix on FB messager once in awhile. He’s doing well I think.

Same number of kids @Alaskan I knew you’d ask
@Beer can I think I know the beans your talking about, I have seeds I’ve never planted lol. Asian variety?
I haven’t grown any heritage corn, no, but man that stuff you’ve got is beautiful. The greenhouse greenhouse a 20” lift maybe I’ll try a neat corn again... last time I had corn in there it almost went through plastic it got so tall.
I chat with Felix on FB messager once in awhile. He’s doing well I think.
Sounds like you are going well!

Nice to hear

I decided to pick all the cobs that looked close, tested a couple more and saw some mold/rot, left the one's that are still green cause they were hard to pull the shuck down to the cob. Awesome colors. Didn't fully develop kernels on them all, planted the hills far apart and chipmunks stole half the seeds as soon as the started sprouting so not the best fertilization.
Planted first week of June, so around 95 days or less? From seed in ground.
Only planted one packet of this painted mountain, and one of the wade's giant Indian corn, chipmunks got more of the p m, and almost all of the titan giant sunflowers, only have six of them... figured I'd start small see if it's something I'm going to want to get into, the painted mountain for corn flour and the giant is a flint corn for grits. The cobs on them are huge and six foot up some of the plants as tall as the sunflowers around 15 foot to the top of the tassels. The painted mountain was only around four foot.
Screenshot_20180904-221425.png
Screenshot_20180904-221346.png
Screenshot_20180904-221326.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180904-221326.png
    Screenshot_20180904-221326.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
I decided to pick all the cobs that looked close, tested a couple more and saw some mold/rot, left the one's that are still green cause they were hard to pull the shuck down to the cob. Awesome colors. Didn't fully develop kernels on them all, planted the hills far apart and chipmunks stole half the seeds as soon as the started sprouting so not the best fertilization.
Only planted one packet of this painted mountain, and one of the wade's giant Indian corn, chipmunks got more of the p m, and almost all of the titan giant sunflowers, only have six of them... figured I'd start small see if it's something I'm going to want to get into, the painted mountain for corn flour and the giant is a flint corn for grits. The cobs on them are huge and six foot up some of the plants as tall as the sunflowers around 15 foot to the top of the tassels. The painted mountain was only around four foot.
View attachment 1525072 View attachment 1525075 View attachment 1525082

Dang, those are gorgeous.

View attachment 1525072 View attachment 1525075 View attachment 1525082

Beautiful! That first one looks like an pomegranate!!
What are you going to do with them?

CDB85919-5DEE-4F16-9C53-0D1A8431CF4D.jpeg
Those are beautiful beer can. Sorry about the chipmunks geez lol.
I found a short season corn I can actually grow outside here. Butter gold SE, only 63 days to mature cobs. Good tasty corn but not nearly as attractive as those heirloom types. I will have to try a heirloom that maxes out at 8-9’ in the greenhouse. If it gets to close to the plastic it doesn’t pollenate worth beans.
While I’m here check out this giant hen, only four monthish old but she’s bigger than everyone in my flock save for her daddy Thor. Love me a big hen lol

Hello Dixie Chix,
Wow this has been a busy summer.
Been so busy. I am refining my chicken runs again. Been hit HARD by predators. In fact the past 12 months have been the worst. One more TSC Chicken Swap to sell
Off what I over bought from Murray McMurray.

I bought an used Greenhouse. All parts are not here but it is close. A 12x36. Will need new heavy duty plastic sheeting, wood beam footings and cemented metal bases for the parts that I do have, curved metal Piping and straight metal pipe sides.

There just seems to be a chain reaction going on here before the greenhouse can be put up, other things must come down or be moved. We will be picture taking when we start on this project. It is going to be more than just putting up a greenhouse. Will be watching for others. I am contemplating ordering 100 foot long instead of for a 36 foot long plastic sheet to double over and give extra insulation. What do you all recommend? How to keep the sheets separate, Pump air inbetween doubled over sheets?

Back
Top Bottom